Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When winter sets in I head for the woods cause ya just can't dig in the grass anymore being frozen like it is. I went to my favorite woods spot in BC that has been really good to me in the past several years.

The bracelet was in two pieces when I found it, the center of it had come unattached and it's the first thing that I saw after I dug, knowing it was too small of a target to give me the signal that it did I knew there had to be something else :D

nov161.jpg

I really enjoy finding the military paraphernalia, this is WW1 vintage to the best of my knowledge and research.

riflepin.jpg

This is the first one of this type of Heads/Tails tokens that I've dug.

nov163.jpg

compact1.jpg

It's not very often that I dig an old compact thats in this good of shape however with the loose loamy soil that provides good drainage I think is the reason for this one.

compact2.jpg

compact3.jpg

After doing some research on this I found out who it came from, the guy was originally from BC but since moved to Cal. and passed in 92, his wife passed in 2011. I checked to see if there's any relatives still in the area but couldn't find any.

nov166.jpg

pic294.jpg

nov165.jpg

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds Giant! The woods are paying off - the compact cleaned up nice, and excellent effort on the research on everything -

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Giant!! Love that WW1 button and compact!! Token is pretty cool too - never seen one like it :thumbsup:

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice oldies Larry! I love that WW1 infantry collar pin! does the Victor Yaw token have anything to do with the KKK? Nice looking compact too! Looks like a good wooded spot! congrats!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some sweet digs, Giant. :thumbsup: Really nice compact! Neat WWI pin too.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread