Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I didn't really find much but I did find a couple quarters, toys and whatsits but it sure seemed nice to get out and get some fresh air without any brutal cold or wind. Looks like it's going to be a while before I get back out again so I figured I take advantage of the last decent day for the foreseeable future anyway ;D

jan21.jpg

jan26.jpg

jan23.jpg

jan24.jpg

jan25.jpg

jan27.jpg

This is the backside of the items (together) in the last picture. When I got the signal I immediately spotted the bakelite back to this whatsit under the leaves but the target was down a couple inches in the dirt and you could see where the screws that held it together were rusted away cause both parts to separate.

jan29.jpg

this is one of them old push button light switch covers, I did electrolysis on it and am happy how it turned out, I researched to see if I could get a new switch for this cover and they are available which I thought was neat, maybe I'll order one just for the novelty of it, my house was built in the late 40's so I doubt they were still using this kind of switch then but I have lived in a house before that had these old style switches in them.

jan22.jpg

Last edited:

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to get out there before the cold temps set in. That what's it is way cool. Did you post it on the what's it forum? Switch plate is cool - especially with the patent date. Love the Tootsies too. Isn't it funny how many of England made toy cars show up?

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool light switch cover, Giant. WTG on two Tootsies, too. I remember that blue Mercedes being one of my favorites when I was a youth. I liked it because it looked like a gangster car to me....not sure what that says about me? :laughing7:

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread