1850s Built House/Site Empty Since 1995 -- Pics! :)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1850's Built House/Site Empty Since 1995 -- Pics! :)

Hey all,

grabbed the CTX and met up with my buddy for some diggin. This home/property shown here belongs to HIS buddy. It has been in their family for generations upon generations and he still farms the acreage and maintains the house/property even though no one's lived in the place since 1995 when his grandmother (the last one to live here) passed away.

The main part (center large part of the house) was built in the 1850s while the guy who built it lived in a log cabin on part of the property that adjoins the front yard but is part of the crop field now. This is the area I focused on heavily as well as near some of the out buildings and the backyard where it adjoins the farm field...

Worth mention:
Large Musket Ball
Couple Silvers
Injun
Buff (dateless)
Another presidential token
Silver Filigree Wedding Ring (offered it to the homeowner but said he was't interested/to keep it)!
Flat Button
Crusty unidentifiable Injun Or CW token I'm guessin
Buckle
etc.

Anyway = the pictures speak for themselves... Some junk that I dug = not shown...

Hope you'all are getting out and doing some diggin too!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging a nice assortment of finds. :occasion14: Most farms I hunted have not produced as many coins. I believe many might be masked by iron and other trash though. Looks like you enjoyed nice weather during the hunt.

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Congrats. I got permission a few years back to hit a house by me with a similar story. Property was bought in 1835, but supposedly the guy lived in a log cabin for awhile...the house wasn't completed until 1850. The homeowner mentioned it to me. He's my neighbor but has lived in the house since 1986. The previous owners, who I also knew as a child lived in the house for almost 60 years. They were in their 80's when they moved, but the wife was actually born there and was born just after 1900 and lived her whole life in the house. Her parents bought the house in like the mid-1890's. So he got a pretty good history lesson on the place.

I've only been there a few times. A few injuns, couple silver dimes. Nothing to write home about, but there has got to be plenty of goodies around there. Its on 40 acres. I've pretty much concentrated on both sides of the house and the front yard. Its out in the country on a corner of 2 dirt road. Supposedly the cabin was very near the corner. Septic yard is also in the front yard, which is fairly decent size. I'd estimate 150-200 feet wide and the 200 feet off of the one road. In that part of the yard I get all kinds of interference. He also mentioned that the whole septic field was replaced about 10-15 years ago.

I can only imagine what goodies now lay deeper in the soil.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good digs! Has to be more there

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool bunch of old digs man!...love em all, congrats and good luck on return visits!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortments of finds!! Looks like a great spot to dig! Congrats on the Silvers, IH and relics

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice spot to hunt. Congrats on all the keepers. I think your buckle is a harness brush guard. I've dug a few of those Presidential coins at one of my farm houses....a few too many. :tongue3: Keep digging!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions