BILLW

Greenie
Sep 16, 2015
SW lower MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett ATX, Whites Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, went out again today to the same site I have found the other items and got a nice 1853 large cent, 2 flat buttons and a civil war token with the uss Monitor on the front. I did get the token with my digger, so I was a little upset about that, but I will still take it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 108

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - you are in fire!! Congrats on your 3rd LC. Killer spot. Keep pounding it. Love the CW token. Those are a rare find. WTG

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Killer spot you have, congrats!! Would love to see the other sides of the largie and token

wmpwi

Sep 24, 2015
Grand Rapids, MI
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great digs congrats!

Well, went out again today to the same site I have found the other items and got a nice 1853 large cent, 2 flat buttons and a civil war token with the uss Monitor on the front. I did get the token with my digger, so I was a little upset about that, but I will still take it.

I'd love to find a large cent sometime , but I seem to spend all my time digging clad and aluminum. I hit the beach today it was so nice, but I come up short. In my new dig everything strategy, I was pulling tiny pieces of aluminum broken off screw-on bottle caps a foot down. It amazes me how deep these things go. BTW, what kind of corrections do you work?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread