Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No finds to report. You see both of these hunts were for firearms used in homicides. The first hunt was with 6 club members searching a big wooded ravine area. It was a tough hunt as the ravine was full of trees, brush, briars, concrete, and trash. Not to mention the base was all ice so this meat hang on tight to a tree, swing then pick yourself up and start again. After 3 hours the area was gone over pretty good. The officers informed us that the needle in the haystack we were looking for, no one knew if it was dumped there or not. It was certainly work looking. The only pic I got before my phone died was of the fire dept checking the roof to see if it was tossed there.
The 2nd hunt was today and 85 miles north of here. This time there was 5 of us and conditions were better for walking except for the two guys in the ice water. Same situation, not sure if it was there and in both cases we may search again at another date. Our club has found many pieces of evidence in the past, including bullets, casings, guns, etc…. In two cases two murderers were put away for life because of what we found. It is very rewarding to volunteer for these types of hunts. Even better when we find what we are looking for.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-6.jpg
    FullSizeRender-6.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 82
  • FullSizeRender-5.jpg
    FullSizeRender-5.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 88
  • FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 83
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 86

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool that you guys do those type of hunts and even more so that your efforts have solved a couple cases!!. I almost got to hunt for a gun with MSP once but it was cancelled

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good news is they have both men in custody. The one who did the triple homicide got 55 years.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I think I know some of those banditos. Way to go on time spent helping LEO's find evidence. :thumbsup:

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread