mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just returned from a 9 day trip to Germany and thought I would share my finds with y'all. The weather was perfect and the detecting was not too bad. I was hoping for some medieval, Celtic or Roman finds but I cannot complain because I think I still did pretty well.

1) 60mm mortar
2) 50 caliber shells and tips, a Gewehrsprenggranate (rifle grenade), a couple K98 Mauser rounds and some 30-06 tips
3) Lead bag seals, some musket/pistol balls and a bird band
4) Some various relics (a couple of them could be Roman era), nice complete spoon and a round with a wooden tip. Believe these were used for firing rifle grenades.
5) A couple belt tips, a key hole escutcheon, a broken spoon or fork handle, other various relics and half of a crucifix

***I will post some more photos later today

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 75

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
mindcrime1988

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Few more items

Here are a few more items I found. They are for the most part coins & buttons but a few other goodies too.

6) Various buttons
7) The large button is a WWI Prussian NCO type (eagle is just barely visible), a simple ring and the 64 button is from Napoleon's 64th Regiment (roughly 1815)
8) Various coins which date from the mid 1800s up to just after WWII (the bottom row are zinc Third Reich coins which rarely come out of the ground in decent shape)
9) My best coin finds: 1822 1 Pfenning, 1875 50 Pfennig silver and 1876 20 Pfennig silver
10) Left side is still unknown while the right side is a religious medallion

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 67

GrandBlancDig

Mar 26, 2015
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - 11" coil ~ TRX bullseye ~ Predatortools Intrepid ~ Predatortools Raptor ~ Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loveeee the buttons, bank seal and coins!!

Did you get your hunts setup through a company or how did it work?

OP
OP
mindcrime1988

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loveeee the buttons, bank seal and coins!!

Did you get your hunts setup through a company or how did it work?

I was stationed in Germany for a little over 3 years and still have friends there so I try to visit once a year. Each section of Germany may be different but the areas I go to just require a free license which you can obtain from the archaeologist at the university in Trier. You could probably just go and detect the farmers fields without any issues though because I have rarely encountered any questioning. Folks are more interested in what we are looking for versus why we are there. The farmers could care less what we are doing because they know we are in turn picking up some of the trash too. Obviously this is done before they plant their crops!

I relish every chance I get to detect in Germany whether it be buttons, lead bag seals, coins, WWII, etc. The country has roughly 2,000 years of history so the finds are that much more exciting than those found here in the states. At least to me anyways :icon_salut:

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool and interesting finds. Thanks for sharing. Would be a fun opportunity to dig in another Country that has a rich history.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, some cool and interesting finds there!...looks like a blast, thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread