2 weeks with new at pro

BFR

Oct 7, 2014
Lower thumb knuckle Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bit the bullet and bought the at pro and after 2 week I am finally getting the sound's and readings down.
I went out today for an hour and found a 70 cents in clad and copper. Nothing good. I go out to eat and find a 53 rosie in need a penny take a penny bowl. They let me take a dime if I left a dime.

20160629_214203.jpg

BFR

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll love the AT Pro once you get a hang of it. It is the cheapest of my 3 detectors I own but end up using it 90% of the time because it works so well.

OP
OP
BFR

BFR

Oct 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll love the AT Pro once you get a hang of it. It is the cheapest of my 3 detectors I own but end up using it 90% of the time because it works so well.

I know the more I use it the better I will get. Any advise you can give me on it would be appreciated!

BFR

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know the more I use it the better I will get. Any advise you can give me on it would be appreciated!

BFR

I'm not sure how well you know the machine yet and this may sound basic but what I tell any newbie who wants to use mine is to use the "Pro Zero" mode and then crank up the iron discrimination to around 38. From here anytime you receive a hit, pay attention to your VDI numbers. If the numbers jump around and are really varied (ie. 13, 75, 24, 80, 42, 62 and so on) I would not dig the target. But if the VDI numbers are constant and within 10 of each other, I would dig.

Now don't get me wrong, you'll still dig up some trash such as pull tabs and bottle caps because those ring up nice but this is the system I use and it has paid off nicely. Others may have their techniques which work for them and you'll find out what works for you after several uses.

Either way, have fun!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on the dime! That was a funny little story! :laughing7:

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the new detector!!
With everything so dead - it's a good time to get in the water with that one

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Imagine what you'll be able to do with the machine once you have really learned the machine! OK, now that you have a few hours on the headphones, go back and read the manual agin and see how that chops up against your experience so far. Go back out there LOWER and SLOWER than you have to this point, and THEN come back and show us that STACK of silver!
:skullflag:

bigblockjohn454

Jun 4, 2013
S.W.Michigan
Detector(s) used
MPX Digital, Garrett Pro Pointer, Gator Digger, 10" & 14" Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eyes to catch that dime the way you did. Congrats!

OP
OP
BFR

BFR

Oct 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine what you'll be able to do with the machine once you have really learned the machine! OK, now that you have a few hours on the headphones, go back and read the manual agin and see how that chops up against your experience so far. Go back out there LOWER and SLOWER than you have to this point, and THEN come back and show us that STACK of silver!
:skullflag:

Manuel? I was suppose to read that? LOL Thank Terry, I will have to do that!

BFR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread