Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with some friends down to VA a couple weeks ago in search of CW relics. First day we hunted an old stand by place that has always produced. Well it did again. My best find there was a beautiful Eagle Breast Plate! It sure was exciting pulling it from the ground. While digging it up, I first noticed the flat white lead and the curve to the outside of the plate. When I had enough dirt off to see it was a circle shape I knew what it had to be. As I puled it from the ground I seen that sweet eagle looking back at me! Yeeee Haaaa!!! While there I also got a nice NY cuff button, and some bullets including a what I believe is a Richmond arsenal high base wormed out two ringer. Also one half of a sash buckle. The next 3 days was spent on a different site with more friends and the worse mineralized ground on the planet. I did manage a large cent, a smashed bullet, several buttons including early colonial, a sword scabbard tip, and several misc… relics. The one flat button that has a London back mark still has some type of thread on the loop. Sure was fun to go southeast and dig CW relics again. Cant wait to do it again.

Attachments

• IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 77

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job Mike!

I'm heading to north/west Georgia in a few weeks for my annual CW relic hunt with my buddy that lives down there :)

Hoping to see a plate come outta the ground too :icon_pirat:

Congrats

detectormark

Dec 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breast Plate, that's awesome Mike! I love finding the goodies and the feeling you get pulling it from the earth and slowly, lightly, brushing off the dirt. WTG! Now it just needs to warm up - like a whole lot!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Breast Plate Mike!!!
Congrats on a great score there
Would love to go on a CW hunt sometime