mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to a picnic site I searched last year and managed a few more goodies. My very first hit and only 15' away from the vehicle was the gold ring. Never had that happen before. Then about 2 hours later I found the rose stone ring. It doesn't seem to be silver though because it feels too light. Still a great find though. Other than that, just some modern coins and one wheatie: 1941s.

Attachments

• Rings.jpg
    Rings.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 10K Gold Filled.jpg
    10K Gold Filled.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Heart ring mark.jpg
    Heart ring mark.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Coins.jpg
    Coins.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 1941s.jpg
    1941s.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 111

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like silver. Was it that clean in the dirt? Gold filled ring is plated, but my old buddy who is no longer with us always said ( a ring is a ring ) And I say all rings are a welcome find. Congrats.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure, that's a silver ring. Made in India, sold by the gross to low end jewelers around the world. And a real amethyst, too. I bought and sold hundreds of them in my flea market business 10 years ago.

OP
OP
mindcrime1988

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like silver. Was it that clean in the dirt? Gold filled ring is plated, but my old buddy who is no longer with us always said ( a ring is a ring ) And I say all rings are a welcome find. Congrats.

Yes it was that clean when I dug it out of the ground. I initially thought it was silver too but after looking around the band, I did not see a silver stamp. But then after you said something, I went back and cleaned the underside of the ring and low and behold, there is a .925 right next to the stone. I would not have thought they would put a stamp there. :icon_scratch: Oh well, now I know it's silver for sure.

And yes the gold ring is only 10K filled but just finding rings period is a huge thumbs up in my book.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Rose stone silver mark.jpg
    Rose stone silver mark.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 97

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool rings for sure. Congrats on a couple sweet finds!!

builderb1

Jul 11, 2016
nc
Detector(s) used
bountyhunter quickdraw pro
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yay glad the one is silver! Congrats on a two ring day!

Yes it was that clean when I dug it out of the ground. I initially thought it was silver too but after looking around the band, I did not see a silver stamp. But then after you said something, I went back and cleaned the underside of the ring and low and behold, there is a .925 right next to the stone. I would not have thought they would put a stamp there. :icon_scratch: Oh well, now I know it's silver for sure.

And yes the gold ring is only 10K filled but just finding rings period is a huge thumbs up in my book.

Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread