Ya just never know what you will find next...

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in Sept the day before my surgery, I went to a local lake to look for a man's ring that had been lost. He wasn't sure he lost it in the lake but showed me the area it might be in. They had been removing 100 ft of dock before winter gets here and suspected it may have came off then. I gridded off and searched an area aprox 110' x 30'. I dug all the targets and came up with several trash items, but I found it interesting that in that area I found 5 old brass boat plugs. I have found several over the years but I don't think I ever found more than one in a single hunt. I told him "we should find a sunken boat somewhere in here" I also found six memorial cents and an old brass buckle with the letter H on the front. It is stamped silver plate on the back. I didn't find the ring, but may return to try again. Every hunt is an adventure.

Attachments

• IMG_5742.jpg
    IMG_5742.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5743.jpg
    IMG_5743.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 102

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull boat out, Drain the bilge, forget the plug, pull boat out quickly next time, (hope it's still on trailer) get a new plug.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, great effort! I know what you mean when someone is not sure where they lost their ring. You just hope it's where you're looking...

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on the return hunt Mike.
Cool Buckle!

A2coins