Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a message from my friend Margo asking if I could look for a pendant with my metal detector. The pendant was lost in a fatal accident of her brother in law. The pendant held the ashes of his late wife. I have searched for and returned dozens of wedding rings, class rings, cell phones, other jewelry, etc... This search was different, as the item I was looking for held someones remains. The accident scene was in the country in a poison ivy covered ditch. Right away I could see it was a very violent accident as there were vehicle parts everywhere. It was 90 degrees the day I went to look. On my way I prayed that I could find this special item for the family. The search was not easy as there were so many broken metal items everywhere and the weeds were tall. After awhile one of my signals was the pendant I was looking for. I decided I wanted to surprise Margo instead of messaging that I had found it. I went to her house where she was having a yard sale, and spent some time learning more about the accident, her brother in law, and his wife. When the time was right I told her I wanted to buy something for a quarter. I said here's a quarter and placed the pendant in the palm of her hand. She was totally surprised. After a thank you hug and a picture, I went on my way. I love blessing people by returning lost items. Last year I found a cell phone for a dad at an accident scene that belonged to his son who passed away in the accident. I thought that that recovery was the most special return to date. Now this return is. Thank you Margo for trusting me to give your family some happiness during this sad time.

242171528_4303051533147039_4834066373738428336_n.jpg

242042022_4303051776480348_1912919193899078362_n.jpg

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome return Mike!
Prayers answered!!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That brought a tear...

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just saw this, great story mike. This past weekend I tried to find a guys wedding ring in the snow he said he lost opening the front door. I could not find it. Don't think it is outside. Talk soon.
JimT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread