Got a couple Indian heads at Victory park. Meet up with amc...

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Had fun at Victory park today in Albion. Meet up with amc from this forum. Turns out we went to the same high school and already new each other. Cool.
It was rainy as ya know but stayed there for about 3-4 hours and could only scrounge up two indian heads and a few wheaties.
The one Indian the 1866 is toast but it is a semi-key date anyway. In G-4 the red book says its worth $50.00. This one is gone though. It looked better before I gave it a bath.
The 1904 turned out better but still worn. Fun stuff though. Any time I can get at least one old coin its a good time out. Fun seeing Duane again. We will have to get out to a more productive site in the future. Jim

Attachments

• 041208.jpg
    041208.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 0412081.jpg
    0412081.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 0412082.jpg
    0412082.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 178

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, that was a blast! Jim you really know that detector. Those indian head cents were excellent. It was a muddy day at the park but worth it. I'm still amazed at whats left in the parks, the old coins and relics.
Here is a scan of a button that Jim detected....he let me dig up this relic, as after a couple of hours all i'd found was about 35 cents in clad....ha ha....thanks for that button man, it's cool! AMC

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 140
OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
I just wish I coulda got ya over some older coins. I only squeeked out two oldies myself. Thats about all you can hope for at most old parks. One or two oldie each visit. They are few and far between. Hey does that button have its shank? Looks in nice shape. World war two. That hat pin I found is ww1. Go get some of that silver at that park of yours. Jim

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Jim, congrats on the Injuns! I'll try to remember not to clean them if I ever find any.

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Depends on how you clean em. Almost all Indians I find can be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide with no ill effects. Takes all the dirt off and still leaves the coin intact. This one Indian was one of the few exceptions. It was beat up anyway but did have more detail with the patina still intact. The 1904 indian in the picture was giving a peroxide bath and came out fine. I have some beautiful examples of Indian heads that I found and cleaned if ya wanna see em. It all depends on the condition of the indian head when it is found as to how it will clean up. Most park found Indians don't hold up to well do to fertilizer and dogs and other animals doing there business in the ground. Yard found Indian heads really look great outta our Michigan soil. Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread