old spot new finds

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
Went to a spot that I and a buddy have hit once or twice in the past the first time I had a different detector wont say what kind starts with a G and ends with a T well I knew the site was old but didnt find nothing but wheaties and one mercury but this time I had the XLT and went over the areas that I covered the previous year and the second coin I found was an 1898 Indian about 7" deep the fourth coin I dug was a 1906 V Nickel that baby was about 9 inches deep I almost didnt dig the VDI was all over the place but I knew that the signal was deep so i dug I almost gave up after digging so long also found a 1907 Indian about 2" deep I think I may have passed this one up before because they sound like zinc pennies to my old detectors and I didnt dig zinc then but I learned my lesson on a different hunt so now I dig all zinc signals if they are deep or if Im at a site that I think is old enuff for Indians not bad for my third time out this year my first hunt of the year produced two silvers a roosevelt and a silver ring Oh I also dug 1918 1919 pennies at this site that are full of detail the 1919 is a blazing teal color that looks very sharp Im definatley heading back this weekend I have alot more ground to cover a word of advice that I have found helpful is try working a small area going north and south and then try it going east and west youll be amazed at what you might have missed
I wish I could post pictures but my camera needs a new battery it wont hold a charge

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Fats, congrats on the great finds. Gee, do you think it could be the White's? Ha Ha Keep up the good work.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Hey Fats, it's good to see you're still lurking out there. Those are some great finds too. Better then I have been getting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread