Many of these finds were made with a large coil.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2008 finds so far

For the past 2 winters I've hunted every month of the year except Feb 2007, I simply use my ice fishing cloths. Through the snow I use the Super 12 coil on my Whites MXT. It does a great job. The Gold class ring I found through 6 inches of snow, a couple inches of leaves and pine needles and a couple inches of dirt. Yes you really can metal detect in the winter. The big silvers I found since last Sunday along with 1 barber quarter, 3 barber dimes, silver Canadian dime, 1 merc and a silver ring. Probably 90% of these finds all came from the same woods but woods are the only place diggable in the winter.

Attachments

• Mich2008finds.JPG
    Mich2008finds.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 238

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Good to see that you don't see Michigan winters as an excuse to sit around and get fat. Because the mirrors telling me, that's what I did.

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
muleskinner said:
Good to see that you don't see Michigan winters as an excuse to sit around and get fat. Because the mirrors telling me, that's what I did.

Thats how I see it, winters just to get fat and stop exercising and the when spring comes I'm out running every morning, detecting all day, and riding a bike all night.

But I think that compass is the best find, I would love to find something like that.

SEMPER FI :sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread