My first heatie

Author Man

Jan 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
I celebrated getting my silver umax a month or more ago by breaking my collarbone and four ribs. Wooden ladder broke while filling bird feeder so I have been chomping at the bit to get out hunting. Been disappointed so far with pop tops and crushed beer cans, nails and assorted metal at a couple camps around my place on Island Lake. Remembered an old fire tower I went to as a kid that has been torn down now and took my trusty atv, blue, and checked it out today. I know I threw a coin off of it back in 67. Found a real nice condition 44D wheatie that was laying an inch or so under the gorund.

I did a little dance, sang a little tune and everything will be allright tonite!!

Now if I can just heal some more and get Thompy up here I can learn from experience. All noises sound the same, I make big enough piles to bury a groundhog and there is never enough dirt ot put back as I took out. lol. It hurts to bend over but I am addicted through and through....

HH Gene the Author Man

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Congrats on your first "Heatie?" lol I mean wheatie!Sorry to hear about your little tumble and hope the recovery goes well as I am sure there are more bigger and better finds to come.Yes hunting with more experienced MDers will make a big difference, you will learn more in one day hunting with a experienced hunter than you can on your own in a year!Keep up the good work

HH
Slipperyjack

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
dont know about experianced, unless you are talking iron junk, but i do know what i like in my machines, Gene have you been around the hekler mine, or know where it is?

OP
OP
Author Man

Author Man

Jan 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
The memorial for the men who died has been near the Evergreen theater on 41 but recently was moved. I'll check up on it. Also Thompy, I talked to the owner of the Evergreen and its not O'Devero, a guy named R. Johnson. He said it would be lousy hunting there with all the wires underneath it. I can get permission to hunt there. We should consider it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread