1868 Duece

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Detecting a friends house built in 1839, on the first pass accross the front yard I pulled this little beauty. Gonna give it to him for a thanks for letting me detect there I also got a 1939 merc and gave that to his daughter ;D Gonna go back today and try to get some for myself lol. Also going to dig one of the privy sites so I am hoping for a real big day and am real excited !

HH
Slipperyjack

Attachments

• Picture 95.jpg
    Picture 95.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Picture 96.jpg
    Picture 96.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Picture 95.jpg
    Picture 95.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Picture 96.jpg
    Picture 96.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 215

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Great find. I haven't found a two center yet this year. Looks to be in nice shape too. Super nice of you to give that coin up.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
totally neat coin ya found there Jack and so very kind of you as well to give it to the property owner.. what a guy. :thumbsup:

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
That is one terrific old coin! I've never seen one in person. Congrats. Hope you find another one to replace that one.

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
wow thats in great shape the one i found last year was quite corroded theyre had to get in decent shape was the soil sand or what

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Yes Fats the soil was on the sandy side, I found it right next to an iron gate and a walkway on a 1830's home. The coin did have alot of gunk built up on it, but a bath in hot peroxide cleaned that right off and left a very beautiful coin! I hope to find another someday as this was my first 2 center and I know those are incredibly hard to find, especially in that good of shape. Thanks for looking

HH
Slipperyjack

diggindeep

Oct 4, 2006
nice 2 cent!! they arent too hard to find......just have to look in the right spots. i found 2 in 3 years.

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
for the fact that they were only minted a few years and they were the first coin to be inscribed with in god we trust due to the sentiment of the civil war now thats true history being dug up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread