Eyeball find

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking to a friend at New London, MN last week and look down on the ground(gravel) near her garage and spotted this coin. $2 Canada from 1996. She had no clue how it got there or who would have dropped it. I've heard of the Loonie(Canadian $1 coin) but had not seen or found either one before.
Canada2Polar.jpg

Canada2.jpg

sven925

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70
Good job! I try to keep the sun in front of me just in case I see a reflection or two. Not a great amount of sucess but the ol MK1 eyeball has caught a dollar or two of change before the MD did.
:icon_thumright:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Sven925, you're absolutly right about the sun. Many snows ago, a daughter of mine (of 6) came home and mentioned that a girl that she was going to college with (a local college) lost a thin gold chain with 3 gold charms. I was informed it was on the front lawn where this girl was renting an apartment. I waited until noon when the sun was high, hoping I could see it in the grass before my tector picked it up. I was shown the approximate area where it was lost. I began to detect and after 4 or 5 steps with the sun over my shoulder, I saw a glimmer in the grass. Yep, I found it. I then laid the chain and charms on the sidewalk and tried all sorts of settings with my detector to pick it (chain & charms) up......nothing, no sound, nothing. The chain and charms were returned by my daughter and I received a nice "Thank You" letter.

sven925

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70
Tell you an old story. One of my teachers at high school came in one day and told us this. 30 years ago. He came home from work and his wife (a very nice woman) was heart broken. After he calmed
her down she showed him her wedding ring. She had a modest ring with a diamond set in a high
setting. One of the prongs had bent back and the diamond was gone! She did not know where it went
and felt so bad about it. Well they spent the rest of the day tearing the house apart no luck.

So the next morning he went out to get in the car. A couple of inches of fresh snow had fallen over night. When he went to close the car door he caught a reflection in the corner of his eye. He looked down and saw the diamond sitting in the fresh snow dazzling away! He figured she had caught it in the car door/handle and when he went to open it, it fell out into the snow! And only the grace of God allowed it to be found. Well he tromped back inside with a handfull of snow and showed it to his
wife. Well let's just say he was a very happy man....har

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread