First Hunt

Confederate Sailor

Aug 9, 2013
Athens, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I posted this in Today's Finds but it didn't get any attention.

Anyway, I met up with Silver Worm today at a location near us for my first hunt. Of course we found our fair share of tabs, bottle tops and such. His AT Pro harvested several dollars worth of coins. I tried my noob luck and found a 1989 Lincoln and a fired two ring .54 caliber Confederate Gardner bullet with my Ace 250.

image-102928997.jpg

image-2473767963.jpg

image-3688102032.jpg

Last edited:

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! The bullet that is. Lol I've only found casings, round balls and mini balls. Really want a two or three ringer. And to find a crunched one is so cool. Except for the guy it may have hit.
Ray

Last edited:
OP
OP
Confederate Sailor

Confederate Sailor

Aug 9, 2013
Athens, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! I thought it was odd that I found one since there wasn't any fighting near us. However, out town did have its own rifle company and I suspect it was fired during training. Several Confederate soldiers lie in the cemetery about 75-100 yards from where I dug the bullet.

OP
OP
Confederate Sailor

Confederate Sailor

Aug 9, 2013
Athens, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Garrett Pro pointer came in yesterday afternoon before I went to work so I hit a public spot on the way home from work. I managed to dig quite a few modern pennies and a 1962 nickel. If nothing else it's confidence boosting knowing that my equipment and methods are yielding results. Onward!

Jayman931

Feb 27, 2011
Hattiesburg MS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing! And nice find on that bullet! Keep at it and the finds will come. I am getting ready to use my Minelab Xterra for the first time (I previously hunted with a Tesoro Cibola) so I am interested to see how similar/different this one is. Keep hunting and keep showing us your finds! Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions