redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went after work with Vader today on some old city lots. Been over them several years ago with GTA350 but wanted to see what the ATPro would do there. I think it was worth it. A metal social security card and a Mississippi City Lines token "Good for one school fare", '44 wheat. Mississippi City was on the coast and taken into Gulfport in the 1960's, any info on the token would be nice. I will get it cleaned up a little more,

sa2.JPG

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
The Atwood Catalog of US & Canadian transportation tokens shows the Mississippi City Lines token as being from Laurel and catalog MS 500A. (Way outdated) catalog value = 25¢.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After some research, each city had their own transportation lines as they do now and most where named for the town and had their own tokens. Found this on the history of the Coast Transit Authority - In 1906, the Gulfport and Mississippi Coast Traction Company began operating trolleys in the Gulfport area. In 1925, Mississippi Power Company changed the vision to a more modern reality. The trolleys were abandoned for a more efficient and flexible way to travel: the bus. Bus transportation prospered. The public traveled under the Mississippi City Line until 1954. I know it doesn't have much cash value but it is one of my favorite finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread