Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was able to get out for a couple short hunts this weekend.
Hit an old school Friday afternoon and found a 1952D silver rosie, The monopoly horse piece, a wheatie, and some clad.
Didn't stay long because it was hot as heck and the mosquitos were ruthless.
Cant wait til the fall when it cools off and the bugs go away.

Saturday morning I went to my silver site near the beach. Didn't get any silver, but I did find some neat kids toys/game pieces along with a couple wheats, and some clad. Was hot as heck and the gnats and black fly's were out.
Anyone know anything about the cannon, ship, and the 2 jets. Found them all in the same vicinity. Not sure if they are kids toys or possibly old 50's era board game pieces.
HH

Attachments

• DSC02679.JPG
    DSC02679.JPG
    309.7 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC02680.JPG
    DSC02680.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 94
OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They look like monopoly pieces too, not sure. Those are some neat finds!
They weren't silver or gold, but still some neat finds.
The horse was found at a different location than the other pieces. I was thinking the other pieces were from the game Risk, but couldn't find anything quite like it online.
The first attached image are pieces from the game RISK, the second image are pieces from MONOPOLY.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
HH

Attachments

• Monopoly_pieces_2.jpg
    Monopoly_pieces_2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 86
  • redmetalpieceswithnickel.jpg
    redmetalpieceswithnickel.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 89

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. :thumbsup: Some of those pieced come from the game called Conflict.

thCASFQWBH.jpg

thCAUMLO69.jpg

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. :thumbsup: Some of those pieced come from the game called Conflict.

View attachment 1172198

View attachment 1172199
A-ha... Thanks Loco, I knew someone on here would know what these pieces came from.
And I thought I knew about all the old board games..
Looks like this game ended production in 1972, which was 4 years before I was born.
This weekend was the weekend of board game pieces for me.
Conflict is a military board game that was produced by Parker Brothers from about 1940 to about 1972. It had a large board divided into many small squares. The board was 24 squares by 24 squares. The squares representing land were colored two shades of brown. The squares representing the sea were colored two shades of blue. Artillery pieces could travel on land, ships on the sea, and airplanes over land or sea. The pieces (made of metal) were various colors (red, orange, sea green, and yellow) so that up to four people could play. Each person started by putting their pieces on one of the four corners of the board. The number of squares the pieces could move were determined by the roll of the dice.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A-ha... Thanks Loco, I knew someone on here would know what these pieces came from.
And I thought I knew about all the old board games..
Looks like this game ended production in 1972, which was 4 years before I was born.
This weekend was the weekend of board game pieces for me.
Conflict is a military board game that was produced by Parker Brothers from about 1940 to about 1972. It had a large board divided into many small squares. The board was 24 squares by 24 squares. The squares representing land were colored two shades of brown. The squares representing the sea were colored two shades of blue. Artillery pieces could travel on land, ships on the sea, and airplanes over land or sea. The pieces (made of metal) were various colors (red, orange, sea green, and yellow) so that up to four people could play. Each person started by putting their pieces on one of the four corners of the board. The number of squares the pieces could move were determined by the roll of the dice.

Hopefully you have someplace to display them. I have been looking for an old print type set drawer for my cool digs.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hopefully you have someplace to display them. I have been looking for an old print type set drawer for my cool digs.
No, I do not, but they would look cool in some kind of curio cabinet frame sort of thing.
A print type set thingy would be a good idea.
Normally I keep the new neat finds at my computer desk/window area in the man-cave for a while, and then into the big clear glass mason jar later.
The mason jar works fair. I can display to friends and family, and it is portable, but you cant see everything in the middle.
Silver goes into another jar, and coppers into another.
If its a real nice coin, I might slab it, or put it into an air-tite.
I do like the type set thingy idea.
Thanks again
HH.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat stuff. Think the odd ball finds are some of the best. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks red. The oddballs are always very interesting, and part of what keeps me going back.

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I knew I had seen those spaceships somewhere before... I like that kind of stuff... You're right about the heat and bugs, it's the ticks that keep me out of brushy places where I like to hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread