Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello all, Ive been trying to bring the MS section alive with a few threads with Mississippi finds.:coffee2:
Sure would like to see what other folks in MS have been finding.:icon_scratch:
So, I go out early Sunday morning to try and Beat the Heat.8-)
Decided to go back to my IHP spot to save a few more Indians.
I ran a program that J.Cache suggested and shared, Full Tones & almost zero Discrim on the XP. Thx J.Cache.:thumbsup:
Ended up finding some square nails, Bottle pieces, modern coins, Louisiana tax token, a few newer Wheaties, and this really neat piece with a eagle and the date of 1833 stamped on it..
The darker bottle is a wine bottle that was used during the CW period, or should I say the "War of Northern Aggression". The bottle was upside down and didn't appear to be broken at first. After I dug a little I realized there was only part of a bottle in the hole.:BangHead:
The other bottle was also broken and has AB stamped on the bottom. I found this info with a little help from another T-netter about AB bottles. "this mark was used by Adolphus Busch Glass Manufacturing Company 1886-c.1926) and/or the American Bottle Company (1905-1929). Most bottles with this marking on the bottom are mouth-blown (handmade) and were made to contain beer."
I was starting to think I somehow unlocked a Glass/bottle Mode or Program on the XP.:dontknow:
The Louisiana Tax Token was a first. I have found AL and MS tax tokens, but never one from LA. Now I have the Tri-state area locked up. Another one scratched off the list.
The best save of the day is the piece of lead or brass with an eagle stamped on it. The image is similar to what one would see on a flat button, and there is a date of 1833 below it. It was saved in the same area my indian head items were saved at last week. I put this item on the What is It section of this forum yesterday, and with a lot of help. Particularly the help of Nhbenz, the walking encyclopedia, I believe it is, or is part of a Fire Insurance Plaque from 1833. Thanks Nhbenz :thumbsup:. I found a quote stating that homes without having these plates on them would not get any attention from the local/private fire departments of that time period. In other words its kind of like a Tax Stamp, and if you don't have one and you have a fire, you are SOL.
Initial What is It Post.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/w...eagle-stamped-has-e-shield-bottle-pieces.html
Notice the F.I. on the Eagles Shield......
Enjoy the pics and HH.

Attachments

• DSC02785.JPG
    DSC02785.JPG
    322.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC02786.JPG
    DSC02786.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC02787.JPG
    DSC02787.JPG
    399.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC02772.JPG
    DSC02772.JPG
    326.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC02779.JPG
    DSC02779.JPG
    323.1 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02772a.jpg
    DSC02772a.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC02772b.jpg
    DSC02772b.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC02778.JPG
    DSC02778.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC02777.JPG
    DSC02777.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Err.... I screwed the date part up and I cannot edit it. 7-12-2015 was the date lol.:censored:
Thank you Jeff of PA for fixing that for me....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds man. I to wish more people would show their finds.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds man. I to wish more people would show their finds.
Thanks Jblack. Me too, im sure were not the only people hunting in MS.
You're welcome to come down one weekend and hunt if you want. Just let me know.

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure that there are plenty of others that detect. I would be glad to join you one weekend. I will let you know when I get a free weekend. Maybe we can schedule a trip

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I found something worthy of posting, I'd show it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread