Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So went out Wednesday evening and didn't find much so I didn't bother taking photos.
Wednesday found a beat up Westclox WW2 era pocketwatch, a MS Tax token, and 5 WW2 era Wheaties.
Thursday evening was even slower. At the end of the day I found a 1940's wheatie and then this St Philomena pendant.
Posted the photo on the What is it section last night and got a positive ID. Soaked in oil and did a little tooth-picking earlier to clean up a bit.
St Philomena. Catholic Saint. With an interesting story I thought I would share.
St. Philomena was martyred in the 4th century because she refused to marry the Emperor of Rome and vowed to give herself to God. She was bound to a pillar, scoured and brought back to a jail cell to die. But she did not die - the emperor tied an anchor to her neck and threw her in the river. She did not drown - he ordered her to be killed with arrows - she did not die. Due to this multitudes became Christian and the Emperor finally had her beheaded.

It rained this evening so I didn't make it out. Hopefully the rain lights up some of those signals for tomorrow.
Off to the wheatie aka wheat field tomorrow hopefully I can pull some silver.
HH

Attachments

• DSC02805a.jpg
    DSC02805a.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02808a.jpg
    DSC02808a.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice post, sorry to hear about the rain and the slim pickings. I like the pendant, and you are not skunked as long as you pull a wheat.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread