Terms of endearment

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Euro tech pro dd, xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I guess You have to start somewhere. I can tell you from personal experience its HOT! Damn HOT! I Got my new detector and headed out to the yard, yea I know a big adventurist here but one, I don't know what Im doing and Two, its Hot. I can tell you there is a lot of junk in my yard I can also tell you I have a pile of it on the porch right now. Ive had a lot of fun. I've learned about digging holes and its funny how they don't seem to hold all the dirt that comes out. I have also learned that shell casings 45 auto 9mm and others sound really good and are very hard to resist. I happen to have a lot of these around, coming from a family of shooters this is no surprise. I have hunted for maybe 3 or 4 hours over the past few days and found a Lincoln penny right out the gate then junk and more junk. Today found my first Quarter a 1974 and for copper Pennies oldest a 1963. So things are looking up!
I'm liking my detector more and more and the pinpointer has been very helpful. Anyhow I thought I would share the fun with you so till next time 73

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
At least you're finding stuff. Soon it will be cool, you can still make a pitcher of iced tea and watch State play football. Then hunting of all sorts is a lot more fun. I've been where you are and I've been in Death Valley(the one in California, not LSU) and I promise you're in much better shape. Have fun...

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
angleofattack .... I have a newspaper clipping a friend from over your way sent me yrs ago ........... Seems de Soto camped real close to W P ..... might be something for you to look into ............... Hotty Toddy , lmao ...

OP
OP
angleofattack

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I've been working hard. I secured some cool permissions to hunt and have been really hot and smelly multiple times. I have found lots of tops, pull tabs, all sorts of metal objects and about three dollars in clad. It is a lot harder to find older silver coins than I thought. I have some really good looking places but all I'm finding is modern coinage; keeping in mind that I have a lot more area to cover. I must say I'm having a ball learning the machine and am excited to find any coin modern or not. I've had a little technical difficulties with my photos but plan to get you guys some pics.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try reducing the size of the picture before you post it, might not fix the problem but makes it easier to load on a post. If you are finding the clad, the silver will show up sometime. Main thing, if you are having fun and finding, then its a good day. Don't forget the small lots, they get overlooked so much.

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I guess You have to start somewhere. I can tell you from personal experience its HOT! Damn HOT! I Got my new detector and headed out to the yard, yea I know a big adventurist here

I've lived in the same house for the last 30 years and owned several detectors during that time and I've always hunted my yard first. Was surprised when I got back into the hobby and picked up an AT Pro...out to the yard I went...wasn't out there 15 minutes and I dug a 1937 Quarter...like where did that come from...and how did I miss it all these years. Always a good start with a new detector.

Cecil
K5DL

OP
OP
angleofattack

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
plus it helps to clean the yard so it just gets better, One of my problems is in a good area of the yard I set up a shooting range "before I got into MD" and their are hundreds of shell casing mostly aluminium; in a nice shady area that had a lot of traffic in the past. I can't agree more, the yard is a great start for any new detector. You a Ham?

Doug
K5BAK

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You a Ham?

Doug
K5BAK[/QUOTE]

Yep..since the mid 70s...

Saw you sign 73 and knew you were as well...

Interesting the attraction of similar hobbies...

Cecil
K5DL

OP
OP
angleofattack

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found today

Got out today for a little hunting and the weather was delightful. Finally finished of my first battery in the ETP. I really am impressed with the battery life.
I've posted a picture "I hope" of my finds. This was my first coin spill a quarter, nickle, and penny's with a few single penny finds. Really gets me going when I find good stuff!

general pics 111.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
angleofattack

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On advice went back to the front yard and started a formal search slow and methodical. Got half way done and yielded a 1966 dime and two wheat's a 1937 and a 1951. So now if I find anything I can say how did I miss that. Also on a side note, the 1937 is my oldest so far and who knows it could have been in my grandfathers pocket; not bad for a newbie.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your finds! Keep it up! HH!

OP
OP
angleofattack

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out this weekend and found three rings two horse tackle and one wagon wheel ring. I found several bullets 2 dimes 3 wheaties and a quarter and a few licolns. The find of the weekend was the back of a pocket watch with some ornate engraving on the back. Had fun.

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Also, how big of a plug do you have to make to dig up a wagon wheel? :laughing7:

OP
OP
angleofattack

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had some time to do a little detecting last week with my friend Cajunme. We hit an old house site, a park, a beach, a lot ,and a field. Sounds like fun, it was.
The old house site produced some relics I guess the best was a old milk jug metal dairy label. The park produced a lot of clad. The lot gave up one 1945 wheat.
But the field was loaded with old stuff. Managed to pull my first Buffalo Nickle (1936) and a Ms tax token. For the short time we had in the field we could see its a productive spot.
I only got pictures of the park and the field but there is lots of clad not shown.
Nothing like hunting a place with a lot of clad to get you use to your machines tones. I hope you enjoy the pics and following my adventures.

IMG_0511.JPG IMG_0512.JPG IMG_0508[1].JPG

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great and productive hunt angleofattack!
I still have not found any buffalo nickels (2 "V" nickels this week, but no buffalo nickels).
Great job!
I enjoy looking at others finds more than looking at my own (most of the time).

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats. Now you have to find the AL and LA tax tokens and you will have the tri-state trifecta.
You have me intrigued by that Walthall Site. Cant wait to see what comes out of there next. Go Back......:skullflag:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions