redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The SMRT went to Collins today and hit few spots. Turned out it is still summer time hot, come on cool weather. That being said, it didn't stop us and think everyone had some good finds. Back on the tokens, lumber co., mercantile and tax.
smrtts.JPG collins.JPG

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool...guess I need to find out how to join the SMRT so I can join in the fun...

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More great finds!
Way to go guys!

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a hunt of "firsts" clad slad found his first token, James broke into the 1800s and I found my first eagle button!

Attachments

• 1441499789525.jpg
    1441499789525.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 1441499809981.jpg
    1441499809981.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 1441499826540.jpg
    1441499826540.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 74

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, my first token, and my first padlock too! A great day. Lots of fun! It was nice to get back out.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441501325.321248.jpg

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy
Temps your way look 61-83 for next Friday thru Monday. I may come and stay 2-3 nights if you or any other troops can get out morning or evening. Recalls on the vehicle(4) have me at the dealership Wednesday, but should be just one night. I've been enjoying all of the posts. You guys got it going on!
Thanks Ray
(504) 905-8566

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Justin, what year do you think that button is from?
It is in GREAT shape.
You guys hit big this time!

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We missed you out there Nick. Must have walked 50 miles in the park and around. Seemed like work a couple of times as hard as the dirt is now, need a good rain day. Ray just stay in touch with us, not sure what the weekend will bring. Getting to be a good sized group, harder to find properties with the room, that is why we are branching out. Looking to find some spots between here and the coast, Poplarville, Wiggins, etc. If anyone has any leads, we will help with research and getting permission. Chacuff, we are working on the group thing so we can stay in contact better and find more places to go. Should post something soon.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds :thumbsup:. First its rings, and now its tokens..
I like the shirts too, I wore mine out to see the Brass Band Friday night.:laughing7:
I believe the button is a WW1 General Service Coat Button.
Was Super Hot yesterday, I went on a local scouting trip via boat and the heat was almost unbearable, got burnt, ground was hard, broke my boat, etc.
Im already missing last weeks weather and I hope Ray is right about cooler weather next week. We could sure use some rain too.
What was the 1800s find, the tokens?
Looks like yall had a nice hunt, and was more fruitful than my Saturday outing.
All I ended up with was $.15 cents, a WW2 Air Force Bomber Squad Silver-gilted Coat button, and a pink glass cork type Half Pint Bottle.
Got to do a little scouting, and just one out of three areas searched looks to be promising, but trashy. Sigh..........
Its hard to dig a lot of trash in this heat without getting a little frustrated.

Last edited:

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds :thumbsup:. First its rings, and now its tokens..
I like the shirts too, I wore mine out to see the Brass Band Friday night.:laughing7:
I believe the button is a WW1 General Service Coat Button.
Was Super Hot yesterday, I went on a local scouting trip via boat and the heat was almost unbearable, got burnt, ground was hard, broke my boat, etc.
Im already missing last weeks weather and I hope Ray is right about cooler weather next week. We could sure use some rain too.
What was the 1800s find, the tokens?
Looks like yall had a nice hunt, and was more fruitful than my Saturday outing.
All I ended up with was $.15 cents, a WW2 Air Force Bomber Squad Silver-gilted Coat button, and a pink glass cork type Half Pint Bottle.
Got to do a little scouting, and just one out of three areas searched looks to be promising, but trashy. Sigh..........
Its hard to dig a lot of trash in this heat without getting a little frustrated.

I was hoping he would post pictures of the 1800 find, he found a 1899 barber dime and I think it was a 1891 v nickle, we were just scouting out a spot when he found them, we didn't stay long but we will return I think it is a very promising spot

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was hoping he would post pictures of the 1800 find, he found a 1899 barber dime and I think it was a 1891 v nickle, we were just scouting out a spot when he found them, we didn't stay long but we will return I think it is a very promising spot
Cool, hopefully he posts pics.
Surprisingly we had a little rain this afternoon, might try to slip out in the morning for a few.
That button you found JB, looks like the one I found the time I came up there and hunted with you guys.
Been a long time since ive found a barber, I need to come up and visit sometime. :laughing7:

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool, hopefully he posts pics.
Surprisingly we had a little rain this afternoon, might try to slip out in the morning for a few.
That button you found JB, looks like the one I found the time I came up there and hunted with you guys.
Been a long time since ive found a barber, I need to come up and visit sometime. :laughing7:

Yeah the rain was nice..we needed it. Last barber I found was in Meridian probably 15 years ago...found a dime one day and the matching quarter the next...50' apart.

Layed out of the hobby for 10 years while raising kids.

Thinking about going out in the morning too...I think we are due to get a repeat of the rain in the PM.

Cecil

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in orange beach and I got word a man lost his ring yesterday by the beach by the condo I am in guess who has his detector with him,,,, this guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread