Too quiet here!

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't imagine everybody is deer hunting...

Only MDing I have done...friend called me up...lost his wedding ring on a football field needed help finding it.

Went out after dark with my LED headlamp and my trusty (soon to be for sale) Whites V3i and in 15 minutes we had it back on his finger...

First ring I've ever found...go figure.:tongue3:

Sure like that V3i screen in the dark...

Cecil

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to quiet for this group. Trying to find some good spots to go, slow on that too. Going to shoot you a PM on a project, see what you think. Thumbs up on saving the marriage.

OP
OP
C

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ring wasn't anything special...stainless steel...he can't wear gold...but he's had it for 40 years so it was a huge sentimental thing.

That's great info on your recent finds...Spanish cobs...that's cool. I assume it was in coastal MS.

Work has had me wrapped up lately and when not working there there's something at home. After Thanksgiving it should let up and I will get out for several days and hunt.

Yeah I like the V3i but I have three detectors and don't need that many sitting around. The Deus and AT Pro are plenty.

Hard to part with it though...great screen and lots of tools...well balanced and comfortable to use and has the best wireless headphone system.

Keep us in the loop on what you are finding...it encourages us...

Cecil

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think he owes you a case of beer. 40 years definitely makes it sentimental.
Been having my best year ever. Im still on cloud 9.
We need to get together one Sat or Sun and do a little hunting when youre not so busy.
I liked the V3i. The bells and whistles are what made me buy it, but I did find a lot of that stuff was un-necessary.
Im really loving my XP now. The more I use it, the more I learn it, and the more I love it.
Will keep ya in the loop.
HH

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the ring return.
That has got to be the best part of this hobby.
I would love to find a class ring or wedding ring/band and return it.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have never believed that any paper parts would have survived that long.
Cool finds to say the least.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on the ring and return! I hunt at least twice a week, usually more. And like bonepicker, I usually post in Today's Finds. I will be on the coast this weekend, but will be staying on the beach and in the water. I'm on the coast once every 4 to 6 weeks. I plan on this being my last water hunt until it warms back up. So, the next time I head down I will be bringing a land machine to hit parks and/or hopefully hooking up with one of you that live on the coast.

OP
OP
C

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm curious how your water hunts go on our coastal beaches. I have considered it during the winter when the tides are way out exposing lots of area that is normally swimming area during the summer. Have hunted the beaches...best find has been a men's 14k chain. Mostly lots of clad and trash.

Cecil

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I've only been detecting beaches since May. I've only been going into the water since August. So far the best thing I've found is a 1939 silver plated cocktail fork. However, I really enjoy hunting in the water. Hopefully I will find something worth posting eventually. I think it'll be too cold to go into the water after this weekend. It might even be too cold this weekend. We shall see.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been doing a bunch of stuff. Some related to MDing and a lot not.
Been building my bike when I have time between work and helping my parents get to all their appointments n shopping.
I have found some very cool old sites though, from an series of old maps I got from the Federal Archives.
Mainly old sawmills and distilleries that were in my area.
But I can guarantee all I will NOT be going MDing during ANY deer season.
Too many trigger happy fools in my area.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you in Mississippi Hitndahed?

OP
OP
C

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've thought about buying a used wetsuit for winter water hunting to keep me warm.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I might do that myself, if I lived closer. If you do, let me know how it works out. What detector are you planning on using in the water? The AT Pro?

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's in Pennsylvania ................ I read an article a few yrs. ago that said Pennsylvania leads the nation in accidental hunting deaths .... The article went on to say that a lot of the hunting deaths there were actually contract hits .............. angry wives, Mafia etc ...... Can't say as I blame him for staying out of the woods !!!!

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you in Mississippi Hitndahed?
==================================================
Sorry Caveman,
I live in South Central Pennsylvania.
Why you ask? I would LOVE to come down to Mississippi sometime for a vacation though.
The whole state is very interesting to me. Lots of great history there.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's in Pennsylvania ................ I read an article a few yrs. ago that said Pennsylvania leads the nation in accidental hunting deaths .... The article went on to say that a lot of the hunting deaths there were actually contract hits .............. angry wives, Mafia etc ...... Can't say as I blame him for staying out of the woods !!!!
===================================================
I cannot say anything about the "contract hits" you mentioned but I do know there are quite a few trigger happy hunters there.
I have found through personal experiences though that the worst are out of staters who just point n shoot.
Spring and fall turkey seasons are the worst. People shooting into moving bushes n stuff. I actually stopped hunting when
I was sitting under a tree,,heard some rustling behind me. When I slowly turned to see what was making the noise someone missed my head by 3-4 inches above me.
The bark flew off the tree,, I yelled,,got up and left. Haven't hunted since.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The company I used to work for had a plant in Pennsylvania.
They used to give them the day off (basically close the plant) on the first day of Deer hunting season because it was so popular.
We just think deer hunting is popular in MS, it is VERY popular up north!

OP
OP
C

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah probably the AT Pro. I have a whites V3i that would be well suited to the beach and water but it's going up for sale. I'm scared I'd ruin it in the salt water.

Any multi frequency machine would be good...AT Pro might not turn out to work very well..we'll see.

Cecil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread