Time off

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a couple weeks off :hello2:and the weather looks like it will be nice for detecting so I plan to be out as much as I can. Picked up a new detector in a trade so I'm getting some time in with it...a Fisher F75 LTD2....so far works great. Ordered some Killer B headphones for use with it. Traded the Whites V3i for it. Who knows...might turn into my go to detector....

Cecil

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chacuff, I thought you had an XP Deus too?
Which do you like better?

OP
OP
C

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do...too early to tell.

The Deus is nice because it's so light and wireless but I'm having difficulty getting used to the tones and the target I'd numbering system. It's mostly a machine you use by the tones.

The F75 is a very sensitive machine and its chatty. I raised the discrim a bit and threw in a notch and it was a bit better. Dug lots of coins at the local school yard today..most 4 to 6 inches deep but all mid 70's clad but it's a good place to go with a new detector because there are so many targets and trash to work through. I have found wheat pennies and a silver nickel on recent trips there with the Deus. No other silver though.

I ordered some decent headphones today. Will hang with it and see how it works out. I like trying new machines and this one is pretty simple to setup...a lot like my AT Pro. The F75 is more flexible than the Pro as far as settings but I will keep the Pro...

Hope your back is hanging in there....maybe we can do a group hunt again soon..

Cecil

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am looking forward to the next big hunt too.
Andy has been talking about doing a big one after hunting season closes.
We went to the train depot the other day in Hattiesburg.
I got a New Orleans mardi gras doubloon from 1976, but that was about it.
They had cleaned around the old locomotives and put up a nice iron fence around them.
It really is a nice exhibit!
The neighborhood has gone down since we were last in there though.

OP
OP
C

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope to visit there again too...I think that site has more to give up yet...

Cecil

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found no matter what others say it seems everyplace has more to give up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread