Recent Finds (first silver of 2016)

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a 1953 wheatie in Sharon on 1/8/16, but that was about it, so I decided to move on to SOSO, MS.
These are the finds from yesterday and today (total of about 5 hours of detecting).
1_13_2016_1_14_2016_finds.jpg
My spouse found the 1949 Wheat.
The 1950 Roosevelt dime and the other 5 wheats were mine (1945, 1947, 1955, 1957, and ????).
Lots of clad, and the one junk ring (says India on the inside) and a brass belt buckle.
I tossed all the can slaw, pull tabs, etc (probably 10 lbs of junk).

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a fun hunt. I like a good clad haul every now and then, especially if you can pull some some silver.:thumbsup:

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
In my best Elvis voice- "There's a whole lotta diggin' goin' on" :headbang:

OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really think there is more silver on that site, but there is LOTS of junk (tin foil, can slaw, bullets, etc) to contend with.
The wheats were found mostly around 7 inches, surprisingly the silver dime was about 5 inches.
I bet the Deus machines running a "dirty playground" program could come up with some keepers there.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, Sharon is a long way from home for you. What were you doing up there?

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really think there is more silver on that site, but there is LOTS of junk (tin foil, can slaw, bullets, etc) to contend with.
The wheats were found mostly around 7 inches, surprisingly the silver dime was about 5 inches.
I bet the Deus machines running a "dirty playground" program could come up with some keepers there.
Ive never had much luck with the discrimination programs. When you are discriminating, you are missing targets.
I always run zero discrim. It can be a bit noisy and overwhelming sometimes, but you should try it.
That is the great thing about the XP, you can run zero discrim and multi tones, and just listen to the tones.
If you go slow and use the 90 degree method while running absolutely no discrim, you can sometimes fish out a good target amongst the junk/iron.
The other thing I do is try to dig a lot of iffy signals. Sometimes that iffy signal is a good signal trying to peek thru amongst the trash.
You will end up digging more junk, but some of my best finds have come from doing this.
I dug a iffy iron signal the other day, removed the iron from the hole. Rechecked the hole, and pulled out a very nice civil war button.
Discrim also effects your depth. Less discrim = depth.

OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I run my AT Pro on PRO Zero mode with iron discrimination set at 21 (NuggetNoggin settings).
That is why I was hearing all that "noise".
If I did not have the small coil, it would have been unbearable.

OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive never had much luck with the discrimination programs. When you are discriminating, you are missing targets.
I always run zero discrim. It can be a bit noisy and overwhelming sometimes, but you should try it.
That is the great thing about the XP, you can run zero discrim and multi tones, and just listen to the tones.
If you go slow and use the 90 degree method while running absolutely no discrim, you can sometimes fish out a good target amongst the junk/iron.
The other thing I do is try to dig a lot of iffy signals. Sometimes that iffy signal is a good signal trying to peek thru amongst the trash.
You will end up digging more junk, but some of my best finds have come from doing this.
I dug a iffy iron signal the other day, removed the iron from the hole. Rechecked the hole, and pulled out a very nice civil war button.
Discrim also effects your depth. Less discrim = depth.

This is the Sharon Community (about a mile west of Sandersville, MS).
It is not incorporated.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah. There's a town north east of Madison named Sharon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions