Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is was my 1st hunt of the year and my 1st GREAT find... It's "3 in 1", because it was my 1st Non Costume Jewelry Ring, My 1st ever Real Gold Find, and My 1st Ever Class Ring. That said, try and imagine my excitement and of all days to be hunting alone, this was one of them.

Thanks to a lady in a local Facebook group, who had the right yearbook and was willing to search through it for me, we were able to locate the owner and will be returning this ring Sunday January 15th, 2017. This ring was lost 35 years ago by the owners boyfriend at that time, so needless to say she was surprised to hear that it had been found and she would be getting it back. I will post a video of the return after it happens.

The picture of the ring in the ground, is it just as it was when I pulled the plug out of the ground as I had not even touched the ring yet. The ring as seen in the other pics was cleaned with nothing more than tap water and a toothbrush.

It was found using a Whites MXT Pro at a Community Center located in the Free State of Jones aka Jones County Mississippi. The community center and a local church share a parking lot and the ring was originally lost while the boyfriend was at the church.

DSCF3533.JPG DSCF3536.JPG DSCF3538.JPG DSCF3539.JPG DSCF3540.JPG

OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me add that where I found this ring is a spot I have covered 10 or more times and a couple of friends had even been over it with an AT Pro and a Deus, but this particular afternoon I had went back to try searching it with my Gain turned down from 10 to 4 in hopes of finding some shallower finds than all of the trash at this location. That not only worked, but literally right next to the ring were two nails that I found in my pass back down beside the one that yielded the ring, and when I say right beside I mean that I pulled the plug back out of the ring hole to get them, so I think the lower gain worked as I had probably been ignoring the iron signal with my gain turned up. I will be going back over some other properties that I had gave up on due to so much trash and of course it will be with my gain turned down.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet find - Congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you do the gold dance? Great find and return! thats cool!

Yes I did and there wasn't a sole in sight to see all those smooth moves, ok it probably looked more like a big kid having a fit, but it was a real rush to see that gold in the hole...

The return is scheduled for 3 pm today and we are doing it at the place where I found it per the original owners request.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Great find and even greater return. Congrats on the GOLD. It is truly rewarding to return a lost item - 2 yrs ago I returned a Pilot's license and some Japaneses coins to a family in Japan who lost their daughter in a plane crash on a Florida beach just 1/4 mile from where I found the coins and Pilot's license as it blew by while metal detecting. One of my favorite metal detecting stories. I love metal detecting but sometimes even better things happen BECAUSE of metal detecting.

OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the video of the return & this was also a 1st as in my 1st attempt to create a video out of 2 video's & some pics.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/shannon.cheshier/videos/vb.707319335/10154806802189336/?type=3[/video]

Last edited:

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ultra cool!
Congratulations Shannon.
I hope to do that same thing one day!
Great job!

OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Great find and even greater return. Congrats on the GOLD. It is truly rewarding to return a lost item - 2 yrs ago I returned a Pilot's license and some Japaneses coins to a family in Japan who lost their daughter in a plane crash on a Florida beach just 1/4 mile from where I found the coins and Pilot's license as it blew by while metal detecting. One of my favorite metal detecting stories. I love metal detecting but sometimes even better things happen BECAUSE of metal detecting.

Now that was a really cool return.

rreahard

Mar 29, 2016
Hammond, LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find and return! Congrats on all accounts!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread