Party Cove @ Lake of the Ozarks

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
I think that there is a fellow that dives on the area after the season....or maybe all through it. You put that many people in an area and let them drink alcohol......and theres sure to be some nice items at the bottom of the Lake. Happy Hunting......Greg

Jul 11, 2008
Neosho,Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac ,Tesoro cibola
Most of those places you have to have a permit from the department of conservation.
and you have to carry it on you,on the ones i have for tablerock,and bull shoals,
they state that anything found in value over 15.00 must be turned in.
But,remember to carry the permit on you or they can give you a ticket.

LabradorBob

Paddywagn

Greenie
Jan 20, 2009
St. Peters MO
Detector(s) used
M-6
You are correct, it is a pretty good place to detect and it's done on a semi regular basis by 2 guys. My friend talked to one guy diving there and related to me that the guy was mostly finding beads and sunglasses. He also had a collection of ruined cameras too.

I was told by DNR Officer that a permit was needed to detect in a State Park but he didn't know how to get one. The DNR office in Jefferson City told me the same thing! I'm just guessing but if you are in the water & not tied up to Park property they couldn't require the permit. All the maps I've seen of the lake show Park property only on land, not the water.

Happy hunting and I hope you'll get back to us if you do detect "Potty Cove"!
Gary

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A permit is required and I have one. The permit covers most MO. State parks but only for beaches and only between the hours of 7AM-9AM which leaves me scratching my head. It is for those reasons that I have not detected in any of those parks.

Missouri http://www.mostateparks.com/

Metal detecting is allowed only on specific sand beaches in the facilities listed below. A permit is required and may be obtained free of charge by writing to Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Facility and Visitor Services Program, P.O. Box 176, Jefferson City, MO 65102, or by e-mail.

o Crowder State Park
o Cuivre River State Park
o Finger Lakes State Park
o Lake of the Ozarks State Park
o Lake Wappapello State Park
o Lewis and Clark State Park
o Long Branch State Park
o Pershing State Park

o Pomme de Terre State Park
o St. Joe State Park
o Stockton State Park
o Trail of Tears State Park
o Harry S Truman State Park
o Wakonda State Park
o Wallace State Park
o Watkins Woolen Mill State Park and State Historic Site

Martimus Rex

Dec 11, 2009
IL / MO
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI SE 3
Couple years ago there was a guy on TV about diving Party Cove. Over 10 years he found all kinds of things, from a rolexs to crazy expensive sun glasses. If I remember correctly, between selling on ebay and a local store he made over a million bucks.

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You HAVE to have a permit which is free. however after labor day u may hunt all day but BEFORE between memorial day and Labor day just from 7am to 9am. and after 5pm i believe it is .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions