Rollins at Flathead Lake

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I was visiting a son in Anaconda a few weeks ago and then visited his mother-in-law near Lakeside, at Flathead Lake. She mentioned an old school she went to that was in Rollins. When I arrived at the school, I noticed it was now the Rollins community center. Over the door was a sign, "Superior School District # 4". I began detecting and in an hour I found just one Wheatie, a common nickel, and a girl's sterling ring..."Glacier National Park" + "See America First" surrounding the profile of a Ram standing on a rock. I took the ring to an antique dealer and he mentioned that the ring appeared to be from the mid 1920s. He also said he 'thinks' that school was built around 1910.

My son's wife then mentioned that she went to that 2 room school house and her mother (78 yrs) went to that same school house when it was a 1 room school. Montana is a tough place to detect, at least around Anaconda....gravel and rocky ground. In the past 10 or so years I've detected there on visits, all I've ever found are 2 silver dimes, a Barber quarter, the ring, and of course common change.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is crazy as my Dad's family lived in Rollins and I'm sure he went to school in that same old school house. We ( the family ) had a cabin on the bay up until 15 years ago. I'm from Anaconda and still live here.

OP
OP
G

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
lcollins, I'll be in Anaconda for a grandson's graduation from the Copperhead Institution (Anaconda H S). We should get together for a little hunt.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By some SNAFU I had to change my user name. I know we communicated before Goose-0. Sure we could do some detecting here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread