mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterdays weather was perfect so I had to get out and detect. The area I detected was only about 100' by 70' but as you can see from the photo, I was digging up coins about every 5 or 6 steps. I found 94 coins total but unfortunately the oldest ones only go back to the early 60s. I was really hoping to get some silver or some wheats but no luck on this hunt. Oh well, just to get out and enjoy the day was exhilarating for me.

Attachments

• Todays Haul.jpg
    Todays Haul.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 199

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I about fainted seeing someone post in the Montana forum. That is alot of digging. Have you tried knocking on doors in old neighborhoods?

OP
OP
mindcrime1988

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I about fainted seeing someone post in the Montana forum. That is alot of digging. Have you tried knocking on doors in old neighborhoods?

I remember asking you about knocking on folks doors a few months ago. I haven't tried that just yet. To be honest I did a LOT of research this past winter on old mining and military camps. Those are the areas I like to hit up because I'm interested in relics as well coins. Not to mention some of the amazing views that come along with it! I know relics can be found in peoples yards too but I just like getting away from where most detectorists tend to go.

I hope to write about many more finds now that the weather is nice. I get out almost every weekend because I love history and detecting. Good luck to you!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah this forum does not get a lot of action. I look forward to more pics I have'nt posted any in a while becasue there has been no traffic here. This spring we got a good start on Flathead lake with the water down so low and the some plowed fields that are now in crops. So its door knocking time.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Who knows.....I might be bumping into some of you folks in 2 weeks or so. I might be in Polson May 29-31st IF Anaconda makes the H S softball state championship playoff, held in Polson this yr. Last yr I found a small sterling ring near Rollins while I was there. If they don't, I'll be around Anaconda for a week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mindcrime1988

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck to you Goose-O & Dirtscratcher.

OP
OP
mindcrime1988

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More coins

I went back to the same campground where I found 94 coins earlier this year and did a little better, numerically anyway. I still did not find anything worth bragging about but I did not come home empty handed! 114 coins this time. I now have about 90% of the campground detected and may go back but we'll see.

I included a photo of some metal detecting onlookers! They kept their distance but did not feel threatened by me because they stuck around for the 5 hours while I was there.

Attachments

• Coins.jpg
    Coins.jpg
    939.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Onlookers.jpg
    Onlookers.jpg
    959.8 KB · Views: 182

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread