mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you are finding some old items so you may just get lucky and find a coin, button or other nice relic from that time period. Good luck.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can make a little profit on the squares! The artsy crafty people like them. Put 10 or 15 in a bag and they move pretty quick. I've got two gals that buy every one I can give em! I give one gal the 2cent ea price and the other one gets 1 cent because she always brings some cookies.

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've actually found some of my favorite coins here but it's getting good really tough. I thought I'd start digging more iron. My best coin to date has come from this field. My buddy hunted it for 4 years before I met him and has dug over 15 seated coins.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can make a little profit on the squares! The artsy crafty people like them. Put 10 or 15 in a bag and they move pretty quick. I've got two gals that buy every one I can give em! I give one gal the 2cent ea price and the other one gets 1 cent because she always brings some cookies.
I would totally trade my square nails for cookies!!!:laughing7:

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like seeing square nails because it helps me know something good is somewhere there...and I have found about 5 or 6 copper square nails, which I think are really cool. Maybe some where you are too!

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to start saving them maybe it will unmask another coin. IAMZIM that sure was a nice find on the purse the other day. The last coin I found in this field was a 1881 cc morgan. I know I walked over it 50 times but when I found it it was a perfect signal but I must've missed it by inches.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was kinda crazy, before the purse, I only found ONE coin all year, back in Feb. when it was unusually warm, I found a seated dime. It always seems I can go out 10 times and find no coins, then out of the blue I will find one, and it will be in a place I have hunted dozens of times before! It teaches me to never give up on a spot I suppose, and I think because of it, it can pay off! I am convinced that there has to be a gold coin or a really good token in places I hunt, and the coin purse, to me, proves it!

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was kinda crazy, before the purse, I only found ONE coin all year, back in Feb. when it was unusually warm, I found a seated dime. It always seems I can go out 10 times and find no coins, then out of the blue I will find one, and it will be in a place I have hunted dozens of times before! It teaches me to never give up on a spot I suppose, and I think because of it, it can pay off! I am convinced that there has to be a gold coin or a really good token in places I hunt, and the coin purse, to me, proves it!

I hope you find that gold coin. That is what keeps me going to this spot. It was a town from 1860 to 1900. I sure I don't have to tell you how few people were here in Mt that long ago. I just know there is a gold coin at this site I can almost feel it. I've found a shield nickle, a seated dime, a seated half dime, and the Morgan. Right now I'm past due. I detect here about 35 hours per coin but to me it's worth it.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found treasure. Square nails. I keep and save them. Heck they even sell them old square nails on eBay.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I put up pics of my magnet stick. If not grab 3 or 4 trashed hard drives. Get the magnets from them and glue or screw them to a stick end to end and add a PVC handle, you can clean most all the iron & nails quickly. Just one more tool for the arsenal!

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I put up pics of my magnet stick. If not grab 3 or 4 trashed hard drives. Get the magnets from them and glue or screw them to a stick end to end and add a PVC handle, you can clean most all the iron & nails quickly. Just one more tool for the arsenal!

I pick up a magnet stick and I'm starting a square nails collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread