Oregon Trail Finds from the last few years

bdbullets

Jun 15, 2008
Davenport Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White DFX
Thought I would post a few of my better finds from the Oregon Trail from the last several years.
We (My brothers and I) have some great places to hunt just not enough time to hunt them all. We know the exact location of the Little Blue station, Kelly Ranch, a Trading Post, and the Oak Grove Ranch house, among other places along the Little Blue River. We get out on weekends mostly and if anyone would like to go along and hunt with us email me and we will see what we can get set up. Some of the locations are planted fields so we only get to hunt in the fall thru the spring, most are pastures and we can hunt them anytime.
The 5 items in picture 0071 are modern items I think, there is a Boy Scout button, a thimble, 22 cal bullet, 30 cal bullet, and some kind of fob with a eagle on it.

Attachments

• oregon tail finds 0011.jpg
    oregon tail finds 0011.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,615
  • oregon tail finds 0021.jpg
    oregon tail finds 0021.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 2,154
  • oregon tail finds 0031.jpg
    oregon tail finds 0031.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,004
  • oregon tail finds 0041.jpg
    oregon tail finds 0041.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,728
  • oregon tail finds 0051.jpg
    oregon tail finds 0051.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 951
  • oregon tail finds 0071.jpg
    oregon tail finds 0071.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 968
  • oregon tail finds 0081.jpg
    oregon tail finds 0081.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,122
  • oregon tail finds 0091.jpg
    oregon tail finds 0091.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 934
  • oregon tail finds 0101.jpg
    oregon tail finds 0101.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 993
  • oregon tail finds 0111.jpg
    oregon tail finds 0111.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 988

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys should host a hunt for Tnet members this fall. I know a lot of people from Kansas, Ok, Mo and Texas would like to come and hunt. I have been to a few and they were the best times I can remember treasure hunting. Get to meet so many of the people you correspond with on Tnet and 99% of them are now great loyal friends. And they respect other people's property, fill their holes and leave it like it was found. Think about it. I'd love to come. Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Kansas we hunted the Chisolm trail and you could still make out the tracks in some places. We found quite a bit of "stuff" along one of the stop over spots near where they crossed a large creek. I'll bet you guys have dozens of places like that if you would just do a little research. Just an idea. I've never done a back east hunt either. Monty (Not Marty)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A potpouri of various things. Horse tack (rosettes and parts of bits), several indian cents, bullets, a curry comp, misc. mystery objects thought to be utensils, etc. and an 1800s silver dollar. It really wasn't the value of the items as much as the nostalgia of what they were, where they were found and the wonder of the history behind them. Several shards of pottery and plates were uncovered when digging metal targets. And best of all was the fellowship with other Tnet members. Had a bondfire and weiner roast the last night and swapped lies....uh I mean stories, played some music and enjoyed new and old friends company. the deal lasted two days and some stayed over for a third day unofficial hunt. The host, Burdie planted several prize tokens and bought some good prizes as well as a gift for the landowner and many many more prizes were donated by the attendees. The detector companies sent some things but mostly just small things like pouches, a couple of carry bags, etc. We all signed hold harmless agreements in case of accidents to protect the property owners. I think we took a $50.00 entry fee and limited the guests to about 50 or so. If you are at all thinking about something, I'd contact Burdie. Monty

IndianWarsHunter

Jul 29, 2009
bdbullets said:
Thought I would post a few of my better finds from the Oregon Trail from the last several years.
We (My brothers and I) have some great places to hunt just not enough time to hunt them all. We know the exact location of the Little Blue station, Kelly Ranch, a Trading Post, and the Oak Grove Ranch house, among other places along the Little Blue River.

I saw that you hunted the Kelly Ranch this spring, any luck?

IW Hunter

OP
OP
B

bdbullets

Jun 15, 2008
Davenport Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White DFX
Yes we did have some very good luck at the Kelly Ranch this spring. We found more there this spring then we ever had. Kim, my brother found the best stuff. He got a 1853 half dollar, a 1776 Danish coin, a pair of indian darby handcuffs with the key in them (after a mild soak they still open and work), and best of all he got a map safe from a pony express rider the had been struck by a ball on the back side of it, it went thru a fire as was all covered in soot inside and out. We got a nice assortment of buttons, a few gun parts and a lot of stove parts lol. We tried the eagle eye on the garretts but kept digging up stove parts. There is a lot more stuff there i am sure. I will have to see about posting some pictures on here of some of it.

OP
OP
B

bdbullets

Jun 15, 2008
Davenport Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White DFX
Hi
If I do post pictures it will be in the nebraska forum, we have had too many bad experiences in the main forum. I will see if I can get some this weekend and post them. If you or anyone else would like to come down in the spring or late fall after harvest we would be happy to take you out with us.
Thanks
Bryan

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello BD bullets , your post caught the eye of myself and the kids. We have hunted Kansas Oregon trail the last few years but cant seem to get close to the Blue river, looks like farmfields. I am very interested in any info you can give me on pastures and would be willing to meet up sometime there. Just joined up here today... thanks !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions