Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Angie,
Which Eldorado Canyon? There are a few of them.

Same laws as the rest of the west. BLM and Forest Service O.K. but stay away from Historical and Native American Sites.

Lots of Mining Claims Everywhere so do some Research before Venturing out in the hills.

HH
Steve

OP
OP
P

Pence65

Tenderfoot
Jan 16, 2008
The area I'm talking about is east of Nelson near the Colorado River. I am from Texas so I am not familiar with Nevada laws. Just wanting to make sure that it is legal on public lands and if there are public lands in that area.
Thanks!

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Angie,
I am not too familiar with So. Nevada but have heard that the "Lake Mead National Recreation Area" is OFF LIMITS to all treasure hunting, detecting included. Possible Confiscation of your equipment and fines if caught. I believe they won,t even let you coin shoot on the beach.

The area you mention might be inside the border. Extractor and a few others on here live in southern part of the state and they could help you more than me. Hopefully they will chime in here and give you some good info.

HH
Steve

OP
OP
P

Pence65

Tenderfoot
Jan 16, 2008
Thanks for the help. Hubby and I will be travelling from Flagstaff to Las Vegas and just trying to find a good place to detect legally!

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pence65 said:
Thanks for the help. Hubby and I will be travelling from Flagstaff to Las Vegas and just trying to find a good place to detect legally!

So did you ever go?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread