mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met up with Whitesid and his dad up on Garrett mountain monday afternoon. We were looking for anything that the many detectorists before us might have missed. We pulled up some wheats that seen better days, then i found a war nickel just a couple of inches down. Kevin was having some luck of his own including finding 2 wheats in one hole.We were all finding wheats but the silver eluded us.
Later on, we decided to check out a different spot on the mountain. Kevin and his dad spotted some broken bottles so we searched there. A little later, kevin walks over to me and shows me an indian cent his dad just found. Then toward the end of the day after digging several wheats, i get a signal. It's a spent casing. 3 feet over, another signal, and the last target of the day is another Indian cent, a 1900.Not too bad for a worked out park.I think we're planning on a return trip. It was fun guys.. HH-MM2

Attachments

• DSCN3171.JPG
    DSCN3171.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 473

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
I live about 10 minutes from Garret Mt. found some clad and lots of trash. Let me know when you will be there if you want to meet for a hunt. South mountain and Eagle Rock reservations are not to far from there and I've never been bothered at either one.

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Good job on the Indian head and War nickel MM2, they both can be a little tricky to find, they look in decent shape too. Nothing like hunting on the top of a mountain !!

TommNJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread