what down in nj do you live ? and what type of hunting do you do ?

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
am sure you remember me , down in eht, nj. right now all beach hunting.. still learning the explorer se, so I havent hunted dirt in a long time..

OP
OP
pinebarrens1

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey botty you got alot of history near you . i got a explorer and took me about a month to understand the thing but it is the one of the best machines for the sand and woods .

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I do, but the problem is getting permission.. many promises and still nothing..been waiting 3 yrs now..basically gave up on that one ( on the hanging tree site).. so I been beach hunting with the xcal all year long, but my game plan is to learn the se and use it at the beaches as well as in the dirt. sooner or later someone will say yes.. Just am kinda gun shy after the scooter man.. omg I dont even wanna think about that one again. He just creeped me out big time, hee bee gee bees n all.

JerseyMD

Greenie
Jul 31, 2010
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign - Minelab SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Little Egg Harbor, mostly a beach hunter.

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
I live in North Jersey, Roselle to be exact. I mostly do beach hunting, went to long branch yesterday and found 1.50 and a nice silver ring. The wife is presently wearing it, fit her perfectly =)
I have done some land hunting but I'm having the age old issue of "where to go" since most places are off limits. I would be willing to travel to hunt some older farms or woods as I have the explorer se as well and the excalibur for the water.
Thanks for reading!

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Live in Westville NJ. about 40 mins from the pines. Do mostly woods and farm field hunting. Trying to get out to the pines soon to do some covert digs :icon_pirat:

niffler72

Mar 26, 2010
Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH LandStar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new, sort of. I live in Roselle and I mostly hit the parks around here. Sometimes I'll hit playgrounds and I'm starting to hit some of the urban parks. I don't get out nearly as much as I like. It kinda stinks around here with all the restrictions and the ground is so trashy. All I can do is keep swinging away.

spdrus

Aug 25, 2010
I'm in Brick (which is near Point Pleasant/Manasquan), not too far from Seaside. I just got my first MD last Friday (Sov GT) and will be beach hunting primarily.

I find that while I didn't intend it, by the time I get home from work, eat dinner, spend some time with the wife etc. I end up doing some MD'ing at the local beaches after dark. The area is pretty safe as there are fishermen in the area at night. But I would PREFER to MD with someone else - especially during these after-dark hunts. So if anyone is in my area and wants to meet up for a hunt (probably between hours of 8-10PM), please PM me here.

This week has been great light-wise due to the Full Moon but since I am so new I do spend time adjusting my machine settings, learning and everything else. Also, I realized the machine I bought came with the 8in coil which is a little on the small side for efficient beach hunting, but it'll be awhile before I can invest in a larger coil so I'll have to make due.

I am also unsure of the regulations in NJ regarding parks, playgrounds so I haven't tried these areas yet.

snazzypit

Aug 2, 2010
North Jersey
I'm in North Jersey Near Lake Hopatcong (Morris County). Really want to hunt something old, willing to drive a few hours for a good location. Currently me and the wife drive in circles on weekends looking for something old to MD. If ya want to Talk about it, i am in chat most night, so hop in or send me a pm.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
niffler72 said:
I'm new, sort of. I live in Roselle and I mostly hit the parks around here. Sometimes I'll hit playgrounds and I'm starting to hit some of the urban parks. I don't get out nearly as much as I like. It kinda stinks around here with all the restrictions and the ground is so trashy. All I can do is keep swinging away.

You don't find much because I was there first.... I still go to Roselle often enough to visit my friend and hit the schools and parks along St George Ave and other places there. :icon_thumleft: No great finds, but have gotten several nice pieces of silver jewelry :tongue3:

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
Hey, I live on West 2nd Ave in Roselle, lets chat!
Danny

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back into this great hobby after 24 years of retirement. beaches are great easy to dig.

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pittsgrove here, work for a utility company so I'm on the road all day and get to see alot of old and empty places. Had an XLT, looking at getting maybe a 6000/Pro XL.

tony24

Feb 27, 2005
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236 x2, cibola,BH quickdraw 2
I am in Deptford and I hunt old houses ,woods and beaches. I havent detected in 2 years though. Cant wait to get a detector

Wcpedorc

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2011
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett G-500
I am in Fanwood and brand new to the hobby. I am looking for help to figure out some places to detect that are legal. It would also be nice to have someone show me the ropes, thanks.

nelram

Sep 1, 2011
New Joisey
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I live in Middletown. New to this hobby but looking forward to getting out there and having some fun!

hellnback732

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2011
hazlet, new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur 1000, whites dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pinebarrens1 said:
and do you belong to a club ? are you a woods hunter ? beach hunter ? or what kind ? .........

I'm from Hazlet. Primarily a beach hunter but I hit the parks once in a while. Escalating 1000, dfx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread