Nov 14, 2012
Capitol District NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey!
Rensselear county here ...
Absolutely new to detecting and this forum. My AT pro is due tomorrow FedEx from Kellyco and I'm excited to head out and find the million dollar ring, pay everything off and then just hunt for relics and be part of history! :-)
There is a club here in Albany that meets last Monday of every month, and looking forward to learning everything! I think the hudson river is going to be my best resource!

OP
OP
C

CTX Tom

Jul 5, 2012
Upstate,NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Teknetics 2 SE
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Karnoon
Try out Washington park with your new detector,there's lots of clad targets there.Also there's a chance for silver coins as well due to the parks age.I was there a few weeks ago and found a pocketful of clad in a short timespan.Hudson river should be a good place to hunt as well.

Diggette

Feb 3, 2013
Albany, NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All
New to this forum,from schoharie county area..lookin to possibly do some hunting with another hunter from the area.just started doing research on the area ect

Are you still looking? I am around that area. I live in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Schoharie is a great place to detect I'm jealous!! I live on Long Island and have been there many times. I kind of shoot from the hip when I go up so I couldn't tell you specific places or names since I don't even know them. Go along the riverbank, old barns/ farms and in the town parks or fields. You should find some cool stuff!!! I also go there for amazing fossils. I've brought home some that were 4 feet wide / 3 feet high!!

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize this is a bit of a dated post, but I am in schoharie county. Wouldn't mind partnering up a time or two.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize this is a bit of a dated post, but I am in schoharie county. Wouldn't mind partnering up a time or two.

Hey I'm not sure if ill make it back up before the freeze but if I head out there I can send you a pm and hopefully we find some cool stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread