ny. laws on finding gold .

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is going to tell them you struck it rich? Not me. HH yelnif...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i've been told that any GOLD found in ny. belonges to the STATE !! even if you find it on your own land !! i know of a water fall deep in the woods. with deep narrow cracks, an shale, i want to use a metal detecter.or try panning. but not if the state takes it !!

First and most importantly, any gold in New York was pushed here by glaciers in the Ice Ag, and is flour gold to microscopic. There are no nuggets to metal detect in New York. The law from 1780 is not enforced rectreationally. Gold prospecting in New York, is like trying to get a date with this gal Will Georgia Salpa top FHM's 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2013 poll? | The Sun |Showbiz|TV Just ain't gonna happen!

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rule number one in life, don't open your mouth when it benefits you not to.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeping your mouth shut will eliminate problems from the state and dishonest people, assuming you find gold here.......
As menioned above, the gold came with the glaciers and perhaps the better spots would be the sand/gravel deposits that came from the glaciers........many gravel banks, streams through gravel banks around here..

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Keeping your mouth shut will eliminate problems from the state and dishonest people, assuming you find gold here.......
That is good advice...A guy in Utah found twenty bars of gold in a cave..He went to BLM to find out about permits..They followed him 24 seven for three years and made his life misable..Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread