OP
OP
D

DrWatson

Greenie
Apr 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Anything good coming out of the ground there? What do you use?

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try looking out for construction work being done and go when they aren't there. Worth a try!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are thousands of detectors in New York state!! Many areas have been hard hit for forty years or more but there are always great finds yet to be made. Private property with permission is a must in much of lower NY since many public areas have been well detected over the last forty some years by many generations of machines and precious little cool finds are left in some areas. Somebody always seems to find a good old park or part of one where things have been overlooked or missed though so never give up.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there anybody on Long Island that metal detects but also prospects for gold and hunts for relics of any kind??
I will travel anywhere if there's a good lead but mainly stay on the east end. I'll go to up to Saratoga springs a couple times a year as well.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Prospecting for gold in New York state is a fool's errand. There are no known gold deposits in the state, only micro gold brought down from Canada by glaciers during the ice age. There are hundreds of relic hunters on Long Island, but they are a secretive and closed bunch that search farm fields and private properties.

Here in New York, folks tend to be very protective of their sites and areas.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospecting for gold in New York state is a fool's errand. There are no known gold deposits in the state, only micro gold brought down from Canada by glaciers during the ice age. There are hundreds of relic hunters on Long Island, but they are a secretive and closed bunch that search farm fields and private properties.

Gold can be found in the state but if people are looking to get rich from it that's a different story. Will never happen and if it does then that's freakin awesome. I have Personally found gold and it's mostly just to get the fix calmed down until we head out west " mostly once a year". It's good practice and you can find a couple of grams or nothing. Average is "a" gram haha.. I've hunted relics from Long Island to California and yes most of the people in our network are secretive about spots and leads but I always try to find other people that have the commitment, skills and intuition that we all share.
I have even given a couple of people on this site personal spots I've gone to since I was 4 years old with my father. These would be my personal spots. Not our groups collective spots. I wouldn't tell someone about an area that was told to me in confidence.
Most of the time I go out alone since I own my own business and my schedule is chaotic to say the least. Most of our outings are planned ahead of time. We also call each other when heading out to certain spots or when someone is on the money!!
I am the only one of our group that is on the Treasure net site. I never had the urge to sign up and a lot of the people I hunt with are much older than me and they think it's a silly idea to put your business out for the world to see. They're old school lol. But I think it's a cool site.
If you want to meet up or compare some notes on certain areas send me a message! Happy hunting!

John

Dinkleman

Apr 12, 2016
Rochester ny
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, pro pointer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Your spot on with the gold found in NYS, and on top of the small amount you may find the state also has the wonderfull law claiming all mineral right on public and private land. Making any gold or silver found in NY property of the state

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectorists. :laughing7:

75matador315

Jul 28, 2016
victory,ny
Detector(s) used
whites coin master pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im here in nys. im only 2 years into metal detecting but having fun doing it. i live in a little town called victory which is 30min west of syracuse. i wouldnt mind going detecting with someone that is closer to me or even have them come to my house which was built in 1900 i have detected it but i am sure there is more there as i find stuff every time i go out.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im here in nys. im only 2 years into metal detecting but having fun doing it. i live in a little town called victory which is 30min west of syracuse. i wouldnt mind going detecting with someone that is closer to me or even have them come to my house which was built in 1900 i have detected it but i am sure there is more there as i find stuff every time i go out.

Funny thing is my nephew just started at Oswego and I wanted to go visit him. I would definitely meet up at your house but it would most likely be after the winter. Lots of History by you.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My answer would have been no Detectorists. They all moved to North Carolina. Given my neighborhood is crawling with New Yorker's, I didn't even think people lived in that state any more.:laughing7:

Last edited:

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My answer would have been no Detectorists. They all moved to North Carolina. Given my neighborhood is crawling with New Yorker's, I didn't even think people lived in that state any more.:laughing7:

The smart ones left already haha.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
North Carolina is new place to go to wait to die.

Fla. used to be the go to place but it's worse then here now.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other

We don't live here, we exist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread