SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: Well the past few days here in central NC have been too cold to do any detecting. I got a new Tesoro Silver uMax last week and have been itching to go try it out but the wind chills have been in the teens. I even put off taking down the Christmas lights until this afternoon when the wind died down a little. I decided to take my Christmas tree down into the woods behind my house and while I was down there I found an old swimming area along the creek. There was a big fat old Oak tree with a rope attached on a high branch, the tree branch had grown over the rope and it looked like the rope was growing out of the tree. It must have been there a long time. I went back to the house, got my dog, my new machine and a small garden pick and headed back down to the creek. I ran the uMax around the area and found some older steel soda cans, a fishing weight and some bottle caps. I searched down the bank near the waters edge and got nothing. There was a gravel bar on the side of the creek where the water must have rose to during a storm, I wanted to look for some arrow heads so I headed that way. Had no luck finding any arrow heads so I swung the detector along the bar, Nothing. I was going to head back to the house so I was looking for an easy way up the creek bank. I found a low spot with some roots to step on and swung my detector in the area first before I stepped there and got a signal! I used the pick between the roots chopping away at the bank, I saw a sparkled of silver, reached down and saw this nice silver bracelet tangled among the roots and mud. I thought it was some cheap stainless steel until I got it out and washed it off in the creek. WooHoo! I struck silver! My first find of 2010 and my first with the Tesoro Silver uMax!
By now my fingers were frozen almost stiff, I took a picture, put it in my pocket and headed home.
After a nice hot cup of coffee :coffee2: I cleaned the bracelet and took some pictures for TN. It says "925 Italy and SU in an oval" The weight is about 18 grams and it is 8 inches long. I can't wait until the weather warms up a little this week so I can get out and look for more treasure. My 2010 goal is GOLD! Happy New Year!

Attachments

• 1-3-10a.jpg
    1-3-10a.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 386
  • 1-3-10a.jpg
    1-3-10a.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 387

pitbullfan

Sep 18, 2009
Newton Grove, NC
Detector(s) used
First: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Now: Excal
Nice find...keep them coming. I'm ready for Memorial Day so I can start cleaning the beaches if u know what I mean :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions