water hunting

joecoin

Aug 22, 2007
milan ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov, Garrett Antique
Sort of.

I'm a certified diver, and I have an older underwater detector that I am attempting to repair.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Yes. There are a lot of water hunter's in Ohio and everywhere else. In fact I've found it worked very fine. Even the Boat swim Area's are hit hard. But everyone has the same chance. So on a hot day and you want to stay cool, go for it. If you have a question, feel free. For finds, I think you'd do better coin shooting. But that is just my opinion.

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Ohio beaches alone have produced the following for me in a little over 2 1/2 months:

8 gold rings (1 is a 3/8 kt diamond)
3 sterling rings
1 platinum or titanium ring(hasnt been tested yet)
over 500 clad coins
class key
dog tags
sterling chain and charm

There are still nice things to be found.. I have a Hookah dive system, but 90% of my finds could have been made without it.....

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count me in...I am a cert diver and use a Tesoro Tiger Shark. Although I have not been in water over 6' deep with my detector...I would be willing to go if there was a possiblity of good findings! I live in the Cleveland area.

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
Hi Mike,
I hope to be soon. I want to buy a Tesoro Tiger Shark but, they seem to be out of stock every where. I have waded a lot but, it is only a matter of time before my luck runs out and I drop my minelab in the lake. :crybaby2: Dont want that to happen. I wonder what a close second choice might be. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread