First hunt of 2010

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Squeezed in an hour long park hunt in the balmy 48 degree weather. I turned up a little bunch of keepers. After some experiments in the fall, I changed some discrimination settings on the E-Trac to try to get more nickels. Looks like that worked as expected, and it also reduced a lot of chatter which made these wheaties (oldest 1924 and 1926) and 1942 dime signals pop out.

Attachments

• 012110-firsthunt.jpg
    012110-firsthunt.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 451

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
Nice silver! Do you have a pic of the pattern you were running? I would sure love to dig less tabs, more gold and more nickels. I spend a lot of time cleaning up the pull tabs nobody else digs. When I use the standard park pattern I feel I miss a lot of good targets cause it notches out tabs. :dontknow: Good luck on future hunts....
Xmarks

OP
OP
Nick A

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
x.marks said:
Nice silver! Do you have a pic of the pattern you were running? I would sure love to dig less tabs, more gold and more nickels. I spend a lot of time cleaning up the pull tabs nobody else digs. When I use the standard park pattern I feel I miss a lot of good targets cause it notches out tabs. :dontknow: Good luck on future hunts....
Xmarks

Actually, I switched back to the normal coins pattern shortly after this. I did not like the way it sounded with the increased discrimination. I still get the tab signals now, but having trained my ears for the nickel tone, I pick them out pretty readily now. I've dug at least one nickel in most hunts this year, and I dug three yesterday. There's no magic wand for gold, other than digging a lot of trash. Best of luck to you as well!

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
I have been using Andies coin pattern lately but, have been on a severe dry spell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread