There Are Plenty of Good Finds Still Waiting to Be Found in Ohio

Chesterjethro

Nov 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
South of columbus

It's time to breath some life into this sub forum.

I started the hobby in 2014 and hit almost every park, school, and sports complex in a 40 x 50 mile area, as well as a few permissions. Here's most of the clad I dug between May and Dec 31st. Just know I spent about $40 in quarters which are not in the pick as well as the relics and keeper coins.

View attachment 1514179

2015 was much better than 2014 since I had plenty of permissions, even dug an 1877 Indian Head Cent.

2015 Notable Finds

View attachment 1514182

View attachment 1514184

View attachment 1514185

2016 was comparable to 2015 since I had plenty of permissions to hunt.

2016 Notable Finds

View attachment 1514190

View attachment 1514191

View attachment 1514192

View attachment 1514193

2016 clad rolled to be deposited in my hobby account. I only run my pennies through the coin star and let the machine identify the good from the bad.

If you are curious to what I dig each hunt, I invite you to look at my albums on my profile page. I began to document each hunt in 2015, wish I'd have started back in 2014 since on many hunts I averaged any wheres from $5.00 to $8.00 per hour instead of the $1.50 I avg per hour at most sites. I did have 2 virgin public spots that both gave up over $200 in clad.

If you're ever going to be in the neighborhood (Wellington Ohio area), be sure you PM me in advance so we can meet and get a few permissions under our belt.

If you ever find yourself in South Central Ohio let me know I have plenty of good spots to hunt and no one to hunt them with. I'm in Pickaway County about 30 miles south of Columbus.

killervv

Nov 20, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi i live clinton county if any one would like to hunt some time

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Still plenty of good finds? Looks like you cleaned up Ohio! Very impressive display of finds there:icon_thumleft: And congrats again on the 1877 IHC!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds Loco! I moved to Augusta KY to a farm from Cincinnati OH. Lots of great finds in Cincinnati over the years. Now I have to start sniffing out places in the new home town. Should be lots of history around but I need to start over on my homework.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I see at least 6 law enforcement type badges !!

Plenty of kid's played cops & robbers I presume.

If you ever find yourself in South Central Ohio let me know I have plenty of good spots to hunt and no one to hunt them with. I'm in Pickaway County about 30 miles south of Columbus.

Thanks for the offer, but that would be about 5 hours round trip. Who know's maybe someday. :dontknow:

Hi i live clinton county if any one would like to hunt some time

glad to see some of the Ohio hunters post up on this thread.

Still plenty of good finds? Looks like you cleaned up Ohio! Very impressive display of finds there:icon_thumleft: And congrats again on the 1877 IHC!

Thanks digger460 yes there are still plenty out there. The clad does not accumulate as fast as it used to, but there are plenty of great finds hidden in the dirt waiting to be set free. Heck when I dug the 1877 I did not know what I had until I called my brother-in-law to rub-in the fact that I dug 2 IHC's that day. He set me straight right away and offered about $800 for it.

Love the odds and ends

Thanks Tiredman, I feel honored to have you post on my thread.

Sweet finds Loco! I moved to Augusta KY to a farm from Cincinnati OH. Lots of great finds in Cincinnati over the years. Now I have to start sniffing out places in the new home town. Should be lots of history around but I need to start over on my homework.

Thanks Rob, looks like you moved to a great place for detecting. I see there is a map from the 1880's for your county and town. Have you hunted by the old jail house yet in the park?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Plenty of kid's played cops & robbers I presume.

Thanks for the offer, but that would be about 5 hours round trip. Who know's maybe someday. :dontknow:

glad to see some of the Ohio hunters post up on this thread.

Thanks digger460 yes there are still plenty out there. The clad does not accumulate as fast as it used to, but there are plenty of great finds hidden in the dirt waiting to be set free. Heck when I dug the 1877 I did not know what I had until I called my brother-in-law to rub-in the fact that I dug 2 IHC's that day. He set me straight right away and offered about $800 for it.

Thanks Tiredman, I feel honored to have you post on my thread.

Thanks Rob, looks like you moved to a great place for detecting. I see there is a map from the 1880's for your county and town. Have you hunted by the old jail house yet in the park?

Not yet! I’m waiting for the weather to get a little colder to keep the nosey tree huggers away so I can get a feel for the area. They may be in big trouble because I’ve never seen anyone detecting since I moved here! [emoji12]

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that was weird. I replied to the other post.

bgpark1

Mar 15, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohio here

Hi everyone... I have followed this site for years and finally signed up as a member. I grew up just west of you Loco... Clarksfied and Wakeman. started detecting in 2008 with purchase of DFX from whites... i seem to do ok but have been limited to little time the last couple years mostly hitting old schools here in the Akron area.... I am always looking for someone to hunt with.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone... I have followed this site for years and finally signed up as a member. I grew up just west of you Loco... Clarksfied and Wakeman. started detecting in 2008 with purchase of DFX from whites... i seem to do ok but have been limited to little time the last couple years mostly hitting old schools here in the Akron area.... I am always looking for someone to hunt with.

Do you ever make it back home in this area often? I have hunted in Wakeman a few times as well as Clarksfield.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be visiting Perrysburg during the last week in March I will be hitting a couple of ParKs there ...have you ever detected there?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very IMPRESSIVE !~~~ congrats

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be visiting Perrysburg during the last week in March I will be hitting a couple of ParKs there ...have you ever detected there?

Never made it that far north east. I have hunted mostly west of Cleveland, between Lorain and Tiffin and from the lake shore down to Ashland. Did you find anything good?

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very IMPRESSIVE !~~~ congrats

Thanks, last year I dug a few bucket list items, but did not find as many keepers as I did in 2015 & 2016. Gotta get out and do some more door knocking.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible collection of great finds Loco, Congrats! Hope 2018 is even a better year for you!

Midwest4

Sep 26, 2018
USA
Detector(s) used
intuition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Coin Rescue Tech' is right! You've got great sites and know how to use your detector, that's some haul. Keeps me feeling optimistic!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loco what part of Ohio are you in ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread