sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday's Finds 6-7-09

Managed to go dirtfishing for about 3 hours yesterday. The park I was hunting has a lot of surface clad. After digging a handful of these shallow coins, I concentrated on signals that were deeper than 3 inches. Only items of note were this button and 64 Rosie. The Rosie makes my 31st silver coin for the year. I'd like to find 50 silver's this year but things are slowing down and don't know if I'll make it. As to how the Los Angeles Railway button made it half way across the country to a park in Oklahoma City is anybody's guess.

6-7-09Finds-1.jpg

dirthunter

Apr 9, 2009
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Silver Umax
Re: Yesterday's Finds 6-7-09

Hey Sharpshooter,

I really like the token, and it is always fun to dig old silver.....Congrats.

HH
Dirthunter

OP
OP
sharpshooter

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dirthunter said:
Hey Sharpshooter,

I really like the token, and it is always fun to dig old silver.....Congrats.

HH
Dirthunter

Thanks, DH.

It's actually a button. Does make me wonder how it made it out here from the West coast.

Are you having a good year hunting?

dirthunter

Apr 9, 2009
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Silver Umax

Sharpshooter, I have been doing very well in parks, lakes, and old home sites. I have pulled about fifteen rings, alot of them was gold, and silver. I bought a new machine a couple of weeks ago, a Bounty Hunter Lonestar, I got a really good deal, and could not pass it up. It has found me some small silver jewelery.

Where do you hunt the most? I have been hitting old parks in the Okla. City area. I have been hunting some old home sites in Guthrie, and found some good silver.

Hope you have a good summer.

HH
Dirthunter

OP
OP
sharpshooter

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DH,

I mostly hunt parks and schools; same as everybody else. If you know how to hunt in the trash, the parks still hold some good finds. I'm a hunter of old coins first and foremost. I will dig a gold signal if it's deep, otherwise I pass em by. I just don't have the time to dig all the shallow pulltabs, foil, and other junk that fall within the gold range.

I do have a water machine that I take to the lake once or twice a year. At the lake I hunt with low discrimination and look for jewelry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread