• PotteryRim2.GIF
    PotteryRim2.GIF
    187.6 KB · Views: 313

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Nice flint pieces Doc! What do you think the big pottery piece goes too?? :dontknow:

OP
OP
docmann

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
Lokkenpa, It appears to be the top part of a clay pot. The upper part would be the lip or rim, and the lower part would be part of the body or reservoir section of the container. It makes a bit more sense if you can hold it. I find a lot of pottery fragments, but never one that big. I'd like to find more of this one, and since it was really off the plowed section of the field, I might just get lucky. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the response,
Docmann

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Doc,

did ya find any more of them broken rocks?

I got sum holes in me yard and could use sum a those to fill em with; or mebbe use em in my slingshot.

OP
OP
docmann

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
Na, it would take to long filling up the holes with those precious stones. However, you could take a couple of those noisy boxes that beep and shove them in real nice and compact. Your back would feel better. Besides, you might enjoy that sense of "man vs. wilderness" instead of using all of that technology. By the way, I've got a few more of those old broken rocks to show you. Feast your eyes on the following. The first is a punch or awl. Nice and sharp. I'm thinking of using this on my next circumcision. Next, offer your opinion on this little piece. It appears to have been hexagonal with a hole near the center. It's not flint, but a very hard rock. Perhaps an ornament or ceremonial piece? Finally, wrap your psyche around this small flint celt. It's not a smooth as the hematite celts in my collection, but a great little piece all the same. Best of all, the pieces were found without the help of those darn noisy boxes. I'd strongly recommend piling up all of those loud things and calling the Salvation Army for pickup. Back to nature and leave the electronics for the video gamers.

Attachments

• punch1.GIF
    punch1.GIF
    55.3 KB · Views: 275
  • HexagonalArtif1.GIF
    HexagonalArtif1.GIF
    148.4 KB · Views: 268
  • CELT1.JPG
    CELT1.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 257
  • CELT2.JPG
    CELT2.JPG