7-7-09 Finds

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Triple digit heat is on the way for later this week.

Figured I'd better get out and hunt while it's still bearable.

Funny how you can go to the same place over and over and find a small spot that has been missed by others.

Five silvers in one morning; I may never be able to match that effort again. Odd thing is, only one wheatie found among the silvers. Also got a small handful of clad.

Doesn't show up on the scan very well, but I sure put a scratch across the front of the 29 Merc. Hard diggin' here right now. After retrieving my 4th silver of the morning, I was thinking how lucky I was not to scratch any of them in this hard ground. Next silver...... I sure enough scratched that puppy. :BangHead:

After that, figured it was time to go home and get ready for work.

7-7-09Finds.jpg

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Sweet finds! I am still looking for my first dug silver coin not in a seeded hunt. Congrats on the 6 in one day! :notworthy: :notworthy:

OP
OP
sharpshooter

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Phil.

As long as someone wants to see them, I'll keep posting my finds.

Sometimes after posting, I just hear crickets.

If you have the right machine and know how to use it, you will start finding silver on regular basis.

Good Luck.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds, sharpshooter! I hope that triple digit heat misses us. I am sooooo ready for Fall and cooler weather. I'm a cold weather hunter--can do without the heat, ticks, snakes, chiggers, gnats,ect.... ;D.
Always enjoy seeing what you find :thumbsup:.
regards~~sandcreek4

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
I would be posting more myself, but I have a camera issue that I am working on... Missing the correct software. I have mainly been hitting the beaches at Arcadia and just got into water hunting. But since I have moved here, I am not too sure as to whats legal to hunt and the dos and donts for OK... So once I get more comfortable with that, I am sure that things will turn around.

Not to be too forward, but if your ever looking for someone to hunt with, I have nothing but time cause I am fighting with the VA on disability. So I am not working ATM... Have detector, will travel (just need really good directions).

Thanks!
Phil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread