Finds From W.E. 8-8-09

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Caught a virus that had a real stranglehold on me the first part of the week. Detecting was out of the question; I was just trying to hang on. Finally made it out to hunt a little yesterday and this morning; about 5 hours total. Notable finds are shown below. The rings look big in the pics, but they are small child size rings. The odd piece of jewelry at the bottom is also very small; it's even too small to be a child's bracelet. I almost threw it away but decided it may have a very small amount of gold in it. Typed at the bottom of the pic is what's on the back of the item.

8-7-09FindsNo1.jpg
8-7-09FindsNo2.jpg

8-8-09FindsNo1.jpg
8-8-09FindsNo2.jpg

8-8-09FindsNo3.jpg

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds man! Gold in any shape or form is awesome!!! Great find! What made you dig it?

Still using the 10 X 12 sef as your main coil?? Still think its better than the stock?

OP
OP
sharpshooter

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Bart.

I dug the small gold item because it ID'd as penny as I recall. It's mostly made of of some other type of metal; very little gold.

I use the 6 inch excelerator coil more than any other now when I'm hunting trashy areas, which is almost always. It's amazing how deep this little coil will go. It'll pick up a wheatie at 8 inches with no problem. After that they start breaking up, but you can still find 'em if you know what to listen for.

I never had a 12 X 10 SEF. I bought a 15 X 12 SEF and used it for a while. It's a great coil if you hunt pasture or open fields with little or no trash, but I'm always hunting in trashy areas. I sold it recently to a guy in Missouri that hunts for Civil War relics out in the country.

If I can keep a threshold tone more than 50% of the time, I use the stock pro coil. If I'm hunting mostly in a null, the 6 incher goes on. Minelab knew what they were doing when they made the 11 inch DD stock pro coil. It's hard to beat as an all around coil IMO.

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I really like that ring with the arrows on it...

Nice digs.

Phil

OP
OP
sharpshooter

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the kudo's men.

Wow, even got a little cred from my huntin' partner. Thanks Phil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread