Better than Gold

Dodad

Dec 8, 2006
Gore, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Whites Prizm IV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just wanted to say I found something better than Gold and more precious than any metal. I don't get to do a lot of detecting because I just can't seem to find enough time. Between working all week and chores around the house and taking care of sick in-Laws there is just not much time left. That is why this find was so precious. I was feeding the live stock one hot evening and it was about two hours until sundown and my grandson walked down the road to come and visit. I was so busy that at first I didn't notice that he seemed a little down. When I did finally realize he was bored and came to visit me and his Grandma to escape his boredom I decided to hurry and finish my chores so I could spend a little time with him. I asked him what he wanted to do and he asked if he could get out my metal detector so we could look for treasure. I knew we didn't have a lot of daylight left so I agreed and we got out the detector and I showed him how to set it up. He started to sweep the ground in front of our house and low and behold he started to hit paydirt. The detector was beeping all sorts of tones and he was all excited. He would get the tone and say dig right here papa. And of coarse I did we did this five times and found five beer tabs,but he didn't get discouraged and he kept on swinging that detector and having me dig. We wound up with five beer tabs, three quarters and a 1960's dime. Not a big find but a find none the less. None of those things were the treasure I found. The treasure I found was the feeling of being young again and sharing in my grandson's excitement of just finding something and spending time with someone you love, Now that is what I call a treasure worth more than silver and gold and all the treasure in the world.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Ahh, I had to wipe a tear away, what a sweet story, thanks for telling it.

naturegirl

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
For where your treasure is, there will your heart also be. Luke 12: 34 Perhaps you've found both. Docmann

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread