okie help

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
hello, it's Sniffer again.
I'd check with your local historical society. talk to the older people there and in the area.
they will have more info than anyplace else

OP
OP
kblackphoto

kblackphoto

Nov 17, 2009
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
nokta makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have thought about it- but I dont know very many people in the town- everything is VERY spread out especially most of the housing. Have you ever come across an area that offers nothing at all like a field? I do know a little about our state's history with Native Americans but as far as the specific area is concerned I am real curious as to what took place. Piedmont was founded during the land run I know that. Also there is a town website that explains the states the history etc. but just curious if farmland or an acreage is a productive place or not. Thanks for all your help!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it depends on what you're searching for. try going to your local library and see if they have a local made history book about your town. sometimes they include writings or memories from some of the residents of the town.
it takes time to read through one of those books, but take notes and write down the interesting places in town and start asking some of the older residents about town.
If you need a place to ask questions, try the local cafe, early in the morning when the farmers and early risers are there.
ask the waitress about locals that are willing to give you some info
good luck

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread