70 yesterday/sleet today

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally got out yesterday for about three hours around a WPA Pool that is still in use. Wasted the first 30min with my sniper coil. There was do much canfetti and gum wrappers that I only got 1 quarter and a nickel. Put on the 9 1/2 " with imaging. What a difference! I then dug only solid nickel and weak penny signals.
75 memorials 2 wheats + 1931 plain, 1958D
13 clad dimes 1 silver 1941 D
5 clad quarters
2 charms and a silver ring. that reads "TRUST=FAITH Marked .925 thiland
Sorry about the ring focus, I had already put the camera away before I noticed it.

Attachments

• 19MAR (Medium).JPG
    19MAR (Medium).JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 256
  • Trust=Faith (Medium).JPG
    Trust=Faith (Medium).JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 254

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good! I am from NE Okla. and came down to Austin to escape the cold weather. Got 4" at home right outside Tulsa. It is cool and damp here but no snow. Monty

OP
OP
kenley

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monty: I hauled many a load of glass bottles out of sand springs, most went to Lizzard Fuel in St. Louis. Back West a few miles on old 66 there is a Lockheed Lightning parked in front of a barn. Ever see it? They had a competation hunt there last year, but I 'm really not interested in competetion. Would like to be able to compare machines.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't say I've ever seen the plane but I will look for it as I go out that way ever so often. I use to golf at a 9 hole course out that way but it has been closed now for 20 years. The place you hauled glass from was Kerr Glass back then and it is also closed. Ball bought it out and closed it. My uncle use to blow lantern globes by hand back in the depression or so he once told me. My mom worked in the office for Kerr for several years. They hold two club competition hunts out at the fairgrounds right by the fork in 66 and 33 each year. I usually go mainly just to visit with a lot of other detectorists but I have won a few nice prizes. Those hunts are mainly speed and I have had to slow down a bunch due to health problems so I don't do much good anymore. My son in OKC tells me the roads are clear up that way even though snow is on the ground. So I am heading home tomorrow. Monty

OP
OP
kenley

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry Monty, my age is showing..It's a Lockeed "Electra" not Lightning. On the North side of the hwy about half way to Bristow.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
battery money.... :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions